• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out hatch levers

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hey guys,

Found both the metal bars that turn to latch the clean out hatch had broken. These are the metal pieces that appear to screw on to the bolts that turn when you open/close the hatch. They have a torx pinch screw that keeps them in place, somehow both of mine snapped right at the bolt. Does anyone know what part number there are or has anyone replaced these?

Thanks

Stuart

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I'm thinking that must be the one as they don't break out the components of the lock assembly separately, I'll check it out, thanks Julian.

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine broke this weekend too. It would be nice if you could just order the lever and not the whole lock. I wish the barrel of the lever had a ltttle more meat on it. Between the through hole and the set screw there a lots of weak spots for fractures.

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
MNdrifter I searched around the web a couldn't find anywhere you could just get the levers. I ended up building a temporary lever using two nuts a large fender washer to which I epoxied a piece of mending plate. Worked all day yesterday but I wouldn't want to rely on it for too long, especially in the Texas heat.

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I moved the left hand lever to the right side until the replacement latch arrives. Annoyed to pay $35 when all I need is a 3" bar.
I have a friend with a metal shop. I may take the new lever to him and have a pair of improved ones made. I'm sure he could substitute a stronger metal.

Travis242LSE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Broke mine on the first day of use. ordering new ones now. Is this a regular problem with these boats?

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
This is the first time it's happened to me on my 2013 242, so went 4 years before they broke.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Both of mine have broken on me this season. Kind of annoying. It seems this year each time we have taken our boat out I come home and have to order some replacement part.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hmmm... both of mine broke in their 3rd season... composite material breaks down?...

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I think you're right beach bum, mine basically just fell apart in my hands , strangely both at the same time. While they get a bit of stress on them from people stepping on the hatch in and out it's nothing that should break ordinary or galvanized steel of that thickness.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The only problem with replacing them with slam latches is that you need to replace the catch with a modded bigger one. The arm of the twisting style is about 2-3" long to catch. The slam latch needs the catch extended that far. I have already replaced the anchor locker latch and after our summer trips are done, I have two more to be installed on the cleanout tray. They're sexy.

My boat takes the 5251-420-16MM 2.5" NL, Beveled Face/Thin/16MM

http://www.gemlux.com/catalog/2-5-Non-locking-Slam

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
ones yamaha puts in are NOT FOR SALT WATER USE.