• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Cleaning Supply Storage / Transportation options

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im moving my boat from a outdoor parking space in a Public Storage near my house to a Marina storage yard in the keys 2 hour from my house, which means no bringing home to washup before taking to storage.

Whats everyone using to store there cleaning products that would make it easy to bring with me when I take the boat out?
I dont want to leave on the boat since storage space is mostly full with other gear. I have more then will fit in the bottom, plus brushes and rags so a single bucket wont work well.

Im moving my boat from a outdoor parking space in a Public Storage near my house to a Marina storage yard in the keys 2 hour from my house, which means no bringing home to washup before taking to storage.

Whats everyone using to store there cleaning products that would make it easy to bring with me when I take the boat out?
I dont want to leave on the boat since storage space is mostly full with other gear. I have more then will fit in the bottom, plus brushes and rags so a single bucket wont work well.

I have been using the Rubbermaid action packers for many many years now. They are rugged and durable with a locking lid, and you can drop a pin in the side latches to assure they will not come open. They are not cheap but I’ve had mine for probably going on 20 years now.

Dockbox would be nice but since saltwarer I dont want to slip and the yard is constantly rearranged based on who needs launching. They have racks available too for the same rate but I would still need to have trailer storage which is also the same price.

I have two mop buckets with wheels. They are oval shaped and pretty deep. They hold liquids, salt away, several brushes, flush out hose, 25’ flex/compressing hose, rags, towels and other misc. They are packed so one is empty when cleaning and it gets filled with soapy water for scrubbing hull and decks, etc.

I bought this dewalt 4 gallon backpack sprayer for pre/post weed control. I've often wondered if 4 gallons would be enough to rinse the soap off after sponging down our boat at the marina.

Attachments

• 20221223_194859.jpg
    20221223_194859.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 0
I bought this dewalt 4 gallon backpack sprayer for pre/post weed control. I've often wondered if 4 gallons would be enough to rinse the soap off after sponging down our boat at the marina.
I have a 2 gallon sprayer i used to rinsedown the trailer suspension and breaks after launching and again after retreiving . It has definatly helped with the amount of corrosion for those Items.

Back