• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobweb eliminator and preventor??? Anyone try this stuff?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK, I have a 12 camera security system and the spiders just love a few of the cameras....so I was wondering if anyone has come up with a preventative? My first thought was some sort of windmill type device that would just keep knocking the webs down....and then I googled and found this stuff....

http://www.qcidirect.com/cobweb-eliminator---24-oz-.html

I might give it a try....wish there were reviews of it....

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What I use down at my slip. Keeps them away for about 90 days. I also use this around the house. One day the pest control kid was going through the neighborhood knocking on doors trying to sell their services. He asks if I was interested I said no. He asks if I was using someone already and who it was and how much I was paying, and I said not using anyone, I do it myself and it costs about $8. He asks what I was using, and as soon as I said Demon WP, he just dropped his head and said thanks. He knew there was no chance in hell he had a shot.

http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Wp-Envelope-Packets-Envolopes/dp/B003JUF6IE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414760264&sr=8-1&keywords=demon+wp

marc7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We have used Orkin and I have tried doing it myself. It is a hit and miss thing no matter what, until recently. We live in the country and literally in a forest of blackjack and post oak. We don't have grass around the house, just asian jasmine to control erosion on one side and mulch on another, then front beds have low light plants. We have grasshoppers and they leave this horrible tobacco juice residue everywhere. We also have scorpions, and I have killed as many as 26 INSIDE in the first few years we were here. Until this year, quarterly sprayings just slowed down the pests but never eliminated them. But we hired another pest control guy and he has a different philosophy, he sprays a 20' band around the entire house and from the foundation up to the eves and gutters. It literally stopped the scorpions and grasshoppers dead. I haven't noticed a spider on the house and we had our share of them too, but I do see a few around the barn. I didn't let him spray the 20' band around the barn because we have guineas within that boundary and worried that it would hurt them. So that may be a factor as he just did a foundation and wall spray on the barn. I am not sure what amount of chemical would be necessary without a commercial spray rig to get that 20' boundary, but he hit us $155 for the spray. We have paid him similar for grasshopper spraying before and it is very effective. I am not sure this helps much @Julian , for your spiders, we have had a few stretch webs across doorways and openings we walked through, but those are gone too since Roger has been spraying. I will get the name of the chemical he uses for you. According to him, it is the 20' boundary that helps the most, but we have trees close enough that bugs can let down from them onto the roof.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My home is a massive spider nest due to all of the small grass bugs that are attracted to light. There are so many small spiders it freaked me out for years...now I'm just used to it. Just yesterday I decided to launch an assault and ordered 2 pounds of Cyper wettable powder from do it yourself pest control dot com. I've used Demon in the past and it's the only product that is small enough to get onto the legs of the spider and thusly into their mouths. Cyper has the same active ingrediant as Demon but at a lower cost. Too answer your question @Julian , I have tried the spider web retardant and it has never made a difference.

This may be up @Evil Sports alley as he is our resident pest control man.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Demon/Cypermethrin is highly toxic to fish so I caution people using it around the water. It is also highly irritating to skin, personally I cant get any of that on my face. As a Board Certified Entomologist I would much rather see you guys using this, http://www.rockwelllabs.com/EcoViaEC.shtml Its much more environmentally responsible and it works well on all insects. http://www.rockwelllabs.com/Catalog Sheets/EcoVia/EcoVia EC.pdf
Beware Cyper powder does not mix well, constant agitation is needed or it will make a mess. Especially at the 2 scoop rate.

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The only area I have that accumulates webs is around my corner floodlights or door lights. I simply hit the area with bug poison or wasp spray (for reach) every so often......is that too easy ?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My father-in-law bought some kind of professional pest control tablets. Not one for reading directions, he mixed three whole tabs instead of one... a more the merrier kind of guy. I am thinking the whole block was a bug wasteland for a few weeks. I'm just glad they went back to their house up north. No bugs anywhere a month later when they returned. Spiders were horrible this year. I didn't even have to hang fake cobwebs for Halloween the house was practically covered in the real thing!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My entire 300 plus home community has these spiders so it's a losing battle!! We need an aerial assault!!