• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Columbia to Charleston SC

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Anyone ever made this trip starting to look into in looks like a fun long weekend

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have done the trip but not from Columbia, I did it from lake Marion just east of I-95. Typically the Congaree river is not deep enough for most boats even ours. My brother in law and I have been talking about doing this trip this year, just haven't been able to set a date.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice, yeah wasn’t sure if it was passable looks like a cool run. How long did it take you from Marion? did you stay in Charleston over night?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Trip takes 4-6 hours. We stayed in Charleston but that was when my wife's mother was still alive and living there. If we do it this year or in the future we will have to find a place to stay, something I have not done much looking into.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you decide to do the trip let me know, if it works I would like to boat down there with you.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian, @DieselCamel , @justason this trip could be part of a future Southeast gathering. Trip down the river, spend a day or two in Charleston, and then back up the river. With the start finish near I-95, it would hopefully be convenient for a good number of boaters.

I hope to be able to squeeze this trip in this year, even if it is just down one day and back the next, Sat & Sun. Ideally I would like to go down on Friday, spend Friday & Saturday night, boat around Charleston on Saturday, and head back on Sunday. Time will only tell.

I will let everyone know if I make plans.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The challenge maybe finding a place to moor the boats overnight in Charleston within distance of accommodations? Do you have any ideas on that front?
I have looked into a couple but have not gone down there to put my eyes on them. Most are around the Battery and up the Ashley river a little ways. I hope in the next month or so to make a run to check out the launch area on Lake Marion and a place to stay in Charleston. Once I have details I will let everyone know. Also, @Stacey in SC might be able to provide some insight.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update - @DieselCamel and I are still planning this. Thus far, it looks like we're gonna head down 8/16 and come back 8/17.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update - @DieselCamel and I are still planning this. Thus far, it looks like we're gonna head down 8/16 and come back 8/17.
I would definitely be interested in joining in on that weekend. Right now I have Bimini on the brain but once we get back I can focus more on this trip.

Years ago when I did this trip I believe we launched from Mill Creek Marina, http://www.millcreeksc.embarqspace.com/. Another option is Santee State park, http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/santee/introduction.aspx but I am not sure if they allow overnight truck/trailer parking.

Option to stay in Charleston is around the marina Ripley Light Marina, http://www.ripleylightmarinadrystack.com/, there is a La Quinta Inn, Spring Hill Suites, and Residence Inn right there.

@Chrissy this might be something you and Jim would be interested in doing with us.

Last edited:

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will iron out the details after Bimini. Have to make it back first :D