• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

come on Spring!!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WP_20140222_002.jpg A view from my place on Table Rock...that's my dock in the background. Come on Spring!!!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 inches of new snow on the ground here this morning, with some ice underneath.

Come on Spring!!!!!!!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, we went from being in the mid 50's on Saturday to 3 this morning with a windchill of -17!! Plus 4 inches of new snow and sleet!! Yikes!!!!

Come on Spring!!!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Im dying here in MD.... need warm weather to start my mods for the Bimini trip! Still no light at the end of the tunnel yet... :(

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Woke up to a windy 5 degree morning.
Dog came in with an icicle stuck to his??? -:cool:

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks SuperJet! We have had the place for 8 years now. Was funny, after about 3 years of going to the lake and working on the house, we got into the car to come home and it hit us...we were done working on the place!! All we had to do now was just come down and enjoy the place. Was a little strange at first, felt like I should be doing something. I still find things to do from time to time but for the most part we just sit back and enjoy! Now I have a new project...MOD's!!

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Amen to bringing spring on. It is starting to turn here. About 30% of our local trees go bare in the winter months. They have begun to bud and sprout leaves. There are some white flowers on other trees. The mid-day temps are supposed to begin hitting the low 70's next week.

When it hits the high 70's I'll take the boat out for the first time of the year.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think were getting close!!! Should be in the upper 70's.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Amen to bringing spring on. It is starting to turn here. About 30% of our local trees go bare in the winter months. They have begun to bud and sprout leaves. There are some white flowers on other trees. The mid-day temps are supposed to begin hitting the low 70's next week.

When it hits the high 70's I'll take the boat out for the first time of the year.
High 70's? our last trip of the year was around 60 degrees. There will be plenty of boating done before high 70's. Us Midwest people can't wait that long.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
High 70's? our last trip of the year was around 60 degrees. There will be plenty of boating done before high 70's. Us Midwest people can't wait that long.
It's just what you're used to. Our winter high temps are high 40's to low 70's with the mean about 50-55 degrees. Spring and fall is 70's and 80's, summer is 95-110 but very dry. So even 60 seems quite cold to us. To me there's nothing better than being on the water when it is over 100 degrees. Those who live in high humidity won't understand because at those temps it isn't fun at all. But with 5-10% humidity it is great.

We could get the boat out just about anytime. The local fishermen go pretty much every day. It just isn't any fun when it is too cool.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's just what you're used to. Our winter high temps are high's to low 70's with the mean about 50-55 degrees. Spring and fall is 70's and 80's, summer is 95-110 but very dry. So even 60 seems quite cold to us. To me there's nothing better than being on the water when it is over 100 degrees. Those who live in high humidity won't understand because at those temps it isn't fun at all. But with 5-10% humidity it is great.

We could get the boat out just about anytime. The local fishermen go pretty much every day. It just isn't any fun when it is too cool.
I knew what ya meant jdonalds. Just given ya crap. Kind of stir crazy here. Maybe I will
get my sanity back when it warms up:oldman:

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I knew what ya meant jdonalds. Just given ya crap. Kind of stir crazy here. Maybe I will
get my sanity back when it warms up:oldman:
I didn't take your comment harshly. Just giving out information.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It hit 28 while I was working outside in Madison, WI today and it felt nice....o_O Really looking forward to the upper 40's by Monday!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
By the way, anyone experiencing the low lake levels down south are more than welcome to take all this snow.... you just have to shovel it:winkingthumbsup"

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
By the way, anyone experiencing the low lake levels down south are more than welcome to take all this snow.... you just have to shovel it:winkingthumbsup"
That's the way it is. I grew up in Rochester NY and when it reached 50 we'd go out without coats.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jdonalds ...I know what you mean. When it gets nice here, 50 in the winter, the truck window comes down and the music goes up!!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Getting closer...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Funny.....I was walking into the office on Friday when it was 40s and rainy, and I thought to myself....if I was in Chicago, this would be a NICE warmer spring day! Almost hit 70 here yesterday....now that is better!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thursday commute.. 65 today though.
IMG_20130306_064955_229.jpg