• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Connext in bright sunlight?

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Folks:
tried a search but came up empty... those of you that are enjoying a 2015 boat already: how is the Connext in bright, direct sunlight?
What about with polarized sunglasses?
We've got a tentative deal on a still-snowbound 2012 but - primarily thanks to @MikeyL being the little devil on my shoulder whispering (shouting? :shifty:) "GET A QUIET 2015" - we went and looked at some new ones. While there it was heavily overcast - bloody well started snowing while we were there! - so "management" was wondering about visibility in direct light, with the top down.
Thoughts?

@Mikey SHOUTS LOUDLY to @msavold ............ "Hey Mauro ......... The CONNEXT is fine in bright sunhshine ............. Do the RIGHT THING and git your family The Right Boat ... the 24 foot 2015 Yamaha."

@MikeyL stops shouting now.

Last edited:
@Mikey SHOUTS LOUDLY to @msavold ............ "Hey Mauro ......... The CONNEXT is fine in bright sunhshine ............. Do the RIGHT THING and git your family The Right Boat ... the 24 foot 2015 Yamaha."

@MikeyL stops shouting now.
This might be a forum first! Somebody @'d themself twice in one post!

Get the 2015 as long as it makes financial sense today. You won't want to upgrade in a few years like you would getting a 2012. Getting and older boat might actually cost you more in the long run.

I've not heard about anyone posting how the screen is with polarized glasses....great question @msavold

@Williamsone46 any thoughts or feedback?

https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-242-limited-s-first-impressions-w-pics-and-video.3570/

At the bottom of the Original Post one of the last statements....

Touch screen: I would rather not have the screen in these boats, but that's just my opinion. I played with it a little bit and it seemed very intuitive and easy to use. It displays tons of info but is a bit cluttered on the main page but i'm sure I'll get used to it after playing with it. On the plus side, it is very easy to see in the sun and with polarized glasses on.

I find the Connext System to both informative, and extremely well laid out/designed.
I am a big fan of it, and find it to be one of the most important new innovations of the 2015 24-foot Yamaha's, right on par with the significant noise reduction.

I could write many positive paragraphs on this, but it's best to say, you must use it to best appreciate it.

The Screen is great in sunlight. Even better with polarized glasses.

The Screen is great in sunlight. Even better with polarized glasses.
@msavold; Well the positive comments continue coming in ! Ready for that 2015 24-footer now ? ......... Good Luck !

Thanks for the confirmation/feedback folks!
(Anyone wondering, some car and most aviation digital displays don't play nice at all with polarized sunglasses.)

I wear sunglasses, and don't have any problems seeing the screen at all.

I'm not sure if my sunglasses are polarized or not, though.

I don't think I have every really looked at it without sunglasses. Always too bright here! My glasses are polarized Oakleys. Never had a problem seeing it at all.

Back