• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Considering Nissan NV, Somebody stop me

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
315 hp, 385 ft/lb, 8700lb towing, Seating for 12. They are ugly as sin, but with all the windows not too kidnappy. Seems like it would be great for hauling the family and boat, and cat, and dog, and anything else anywhere and everywhere I please.

LY6awGemqq1qKj7xr7LPVPDqMkQKybCqPjwaFIsQYg1.jpg

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My old boss had one. It was certainly big, and surprisingly flexible with its seating/cargo arrangement.

If you can look past how ugly and huge it is, I'd say go for it.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Somehow I am not as opposed as I should be. If they made it self driving I would be in.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alas, once you've considered it you've broken the seal on that place inside your brain. You might as well just buy the thing and be done with it.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
do all of the seats easily go down, like a minivan?

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure how easily, but they all come out individually

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't think its ugly......

you leaning towards the V8 ?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha!...kidnappy.
I don't think it's ugly either.
If the seats fold into the floor that would awesome!

My wife got a Nissan Quest platinum, it can't pull the boat, but that's the only thing I have against it....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If the seats fold into the floor...it would be a cool van to have. If they only pull out....that would be a pain (as I'd never have all 12 in it...one more thing to fill storage space....and then when you need them...have to un-bury...or not be home most likely)

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I could not get over the fugly factor personally, plus it's a van - I would rather have a larger SUV or Quad Cab Truck any day of the week. That being said, if you have a large family, sometimes these are the ticket for function vs. style.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I miss our mini-van...could haul huge amounts of stuff with it! But it was a Honda with at least the fold down 3rd row. This does look cool...especially the top of the line....dual AC and 3 DC ports! Road trip wagon for sure!

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2010 chevy express 2500 passenger van with 6.0 V8 motor. It is great for pulling the boat. We usually have our friends meet at the house and then trailer and launch the boat together, everybody hangs out and has a good time while driving to and from the boat launch.

We use a (rough) gravel boat launch, so far we have not had any problems with only having 2 wheel drive.

Work is getting me a Nissan NV high roof for a replacement work truck. Kinda worried I am gonna get the itch to upgrade the Chevy.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they offer a diesel version, I'm very interested.

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't think the seats fold into the floor. Some might, but I know the back ones don't. There are anchor points on the floor in each seating position (that I've seen) and you just sort of lock the seats into place.

Again, I wouldn't want one, but it's better than a minivan in regard to a man card.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've never seen an nv with all of the seats and windows pictured, usually just the ones configured as cargo vans. I like all of the capacity but if I were in the market for something like it id be looking more closely at the Mercedes sprinter. I think They can be customized to include a head with sink, diesel and tow bar.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
interesting: Never knew of these trucks till this thread......I ended up doing a bunch of driving yesterday, saw them EVERYWHERE.....none with windows