• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooling line?

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im working on a 2001 Yamaha XLT 1200 wave runner. It is running but once it warms up, it restricts operation and I think its the computer shutting it diwn to protect the motor.

No water is coming out of the pee hole on the side and after looking near the rear of the jet pump and comparing to parts schematic, it looks like I have a hose missing. #37 in the pic is the hose that is completely missing - anyone know if this is the hose that would feed the cooling system and the pee hole?

Attachments

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my experience that hose should be hooked up to the bilge “pump”. I’m not sure what it’s actually called, it’s not actually an electrical pump. but it does remove water from the bilge via a “Venturi” created by the water flowing out the jet nozzle. Look at the angle of the hose entering the nozzle, that would create suction as the pump flows water out the discharge side of the nozzle. Sometimes there’s no hose attached (in a boat for example) because there might be an electric bilge pump instead.

Cooling water would exit the pressure side of the pump and pass through the Cleanout screen. Part #15

That being said, usually water that flows out of the pee hole comes from an exhaust pipe. But I’m not sure on your exact model.

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking the same thing, that #37 was a vacuum siphon bilge connection. I was thinking the cooling line is the linked holes that starts out from part #14 (jet pump stator section) through the hole next to the jet pump strainer that does not have a dowell pin in it. That line continues through part #10 the wear ring housing, and #5 the transom plate. The other side of the transom plate should have an actual cooling line coming off of it and should shortly T to the different loads. I would think it would "T" to the engine block, oil cooler, and the water box. That is the way it is set up on mine, and I would imagine it is not too different on yours.

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good points and that majes sense for this hose to be a “siphon” hose due to the angle it comes out near the nozzle.

Now, I have to figure out if it is truly supposed to be installed or if for some reason Yamaha didnt need it for this particilar model. Ive also got to look some more to see why my pee hole doesnt have water coming out.

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There could be a blockage in the peehole line. If the ski has been sitting for a long time, I would bet money an mud insect nest is in that line. If you disconnect that line from the peehole and inspect it you might find the problem. On a 2001 ski, I might replace the hose regardless. If it burst it could flood the ski.

When you start the motor on the trailer with the garden hose attached, where is the water exiting, and is it hot?. Is any water collecting in the bilge under the engine at all?

How long before the engine shuts down? Yamaha says my two toys can take up to a minute to produce water from their peeholes. One is a boat and the other is a ski.

My waverunner does not have an electrical bilge, only the vacuum-siphon unit. Some people have installed an electrical bilge pump and blocked off the mechanical unit. That could be why there is no line on yours.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Most problems with overheat alarms is due to defective heat sensors 2 stroke was really bad for those sensors if you go to greenhulk forums I bet you will find tons of info about this .

Last edited:
Top Bottom