• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Costco Tubes are out

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a good tube. I have last years model which is a different color but otherwise the same. Unlike previous models the drains are in the area between the seat and back cushions so you get wet just sitting in the tube.

If you want a four person tube consider this one instead. I had to order it and as I recall they shippped it to me within a week. It’s still sitting in its box waiting for the next boating season.
4E9FF3C7-0BEB-4041-9010-78796A04D098.png
Both are subject to Costco’s seemingly never ending warranty. No receipt required and you only have to bring back the tube not the tow rope and or pump or even the box it came in.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any comments on this one? Looks small for two, but might be great for one. Many outings, we have just one tube rider (adult sized) where this tube might be perfect for one person. Plus at 79 bucks you can't go wrong. I guarantee we will beat the F out of it after one weekend. Will Costco really take this back and give a refund no questions asked? If so, this would be a great free rental tube for one rider. It does, however, look like it might be a POS and not made well like some of my old standards.

https://www.costco.com/Body-Glove-Cyclone-2-Tube.product.100375118.html

or this one, which I think is built for one medium sized adult?

https://www.costco.com/HO-Sports-Shock-1-person-Towable-.product.100367905.html

This kid and his friends are on the large size....

Screenshot_20180109-145330.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve exchanged over 5 of them now and the only questions they ask are what is it, when did I buy it and sometimes about how much I paid for it. Oh, and do I want, store credit or a refund?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bet the body glove (lay on face down and forward) tube will take a full season on beatings maybe more.

My older guests and I don’t use them anymore, to hard on the neck and back but the disks also make great sun pads.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The last one I returned they wanted the rope and pump that came with it!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What? I hope that is not a new nationwide policy. I did a return and a separate exchange in September, brought in just the tubes and didn’t have any problems at all. If they did want the pump and/or rope it would not be a big deal for me to produce them. After a few cycles of this I have at least two unused ropes and pumps sitting around at any given time.

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
They actually told me last year (mine have only EVERY lasted a season--if that long) that I was abusing their return policy. I thought I was abiding by it! Off to Overton's.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is a good tube. I have last years model which is a different color but otherwise the same. Unlike previous models the drains are in the area between the seat and back cushions so you get wet just sitting in the tube.

If you want a four person tube consider this one instead. I had to order it and as I recall they shippped it to me within a week. It’s still sitting in its box waiting for the next boating season.
View attachment 69961
Both are subject to Costco’s seemingly never ending warranty. No receipt required and you only have to bring back the tube not the tow rope and or pump or even the box it came in.
We purchased tubes like this from Costco for years. Each year the main bladder would develop a leak and we would take it back and get a new one at no charge. Last year the manager at our Costco said this would be the last free tube we get as we have returned so many over the years. While the pricing is good these tubes are not rated at a very high weight capacity. I keep searching for something that will handle 750 pounds in a three person but nothing yet. I’m not a huge fan of the HO tubes for this reason. I did buy a higher weight capacity tube at 550 pounds from overtons but first time out this year my boys popped the inner bladder. This is very frustrating as my oldest son and I tip out around 240-250 and no one makes a heavy weight tube that will last.

Last edited:

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Overton's has "big mable" etc., with 680# capacity. I thought I saw one that was 750? Either way, heavier vinyl bladder, still has 2-year warranty. I love the costco warranty--but when they start turning you away bc the tubes are crap--I'm starting to think why bother.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Overton's has "big mable" etc., with 680# capacity. I thought I saw one that was 750? Either way, heavier vinyl bladder, still has 2-year warranty. I love the costco warranty--but when they start turning you away bc the tubes are crap--I'm starting to think why bother.

We are currently using a big brawler tube, Overtons sent us a new one since it was still under warranty and I'm going to see if the mfg. has bladders for the one that popped.....the mables are nice but pricey.....I agree on the costco tubes, after awhile it gets older.

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I even looked on amazon--no deals there! Overton's was actually less, and they have a 30% deal right now too.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I even looked on amazon--no deals there! Overton's was actually less, and they have a 30% deal right now too.
Yep, they seem to have the best prcing, the super mable is rated at 680 pounds for a four person, but that averages out to 170 pounds per....even at ax weight and below I bet that will pop. I'm not too keen on the four person tubes, three seems to work best with our boat.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, they seem to have the best prcing, the super mable is rated at 680 pounds for a four person, but that averages out to 170 pounds per....even at ax weight and below I bet that will pop. I'm not too keen on the four person tubes, three seems to work best with our boat.
I don't like tubes. But when I have to use them, this is what I find.
The key is inflation (to high turgidity).
We carry a SUP hand pump to finish off the chambers after high volume/speed 12v pump inflation.
It's day and night difference - in performance and the ease of pulling.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't like tubes. But when I have to use them, this is what I find.
The key is inflation (to high turgidity).
We carry a SUP hand pump to finish off the chambers after high volume/speed 12v pump inflation.
It's day and night difference - in performance and the ease of pulling.

--
Agree 100%....a slight loss of pressure will cause a pressure fluctuations that will pop any tube. Typically you will blow up a tube on the back of the boat in the sun and get it to max pressure, then put it into the cool water and the hot air inside will cool, shrinking its volume.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I bought a manual pump after my first attempt tubing. My electric mattress pump wasn't adequate enough. Plus it's not 12v, so I couldn't do any topping off on the water. Are there any 12v electric pumps that are adequate enough? I'd like to get a 12v for deflation purposes, but I can see it now. My kids say they are done tubing, I deflate and fold and store and 30 minutes later they want to tube some more, but hauling around an inflated tube is a PITA. I just need to get them wakeboarding or something asap.