• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crooked on Trailer?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Every time I load the boat it is a few inches lower on the port side. I have tried loading the trailer and different depths and it doesn't help. I am thinking it is maybe because of the batteries on one side? But when I load, I am on the starboard side along with a full fresh water tank, so that should be leveled out at least. Any thoughts?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't understand..... It is crooked on your trailer on the bunks? on the bunks it shouldn't matter what you have loaded. Or are you saying the weight on the trailer is crooked and the trailer is leaning on the springs?

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im assuming you already checked the bunks on the trailer to make sure they are resting on same place of the boat on each side and ensure one of the bunks is not resting on one of the ridges of the boat? Is the boat crooked on the trailer or is the entire trailer sagging on that side possibly indicating a trailer suspension issue?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Every time I load the boat it is a few inches lower on the port side. I have tried loading the trailer and different depths and it doesn't help. I am thinking it is maybe because of the batteries on one side? But when I load, I am on the starboard side along with a full fresh water tank, so that should be leveled out at least. Any thoughts?
Does it level out any after you pull the boat for a while?

I was having a similar issue and used to futz over it trying to get it totally even on the trailer. Now every time I pull it out of the water I do a couple of hard stops in the parking area and it gets it very close.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat sits higher over one fender than the other when on the trailer. I've checked the boards and they are all good. I chalk it up to the bunk supports that are welded on the frame are not identical when it came to building the trailer.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My boat sits higher over one fender than the other when on the trailer. I've checked the boards and they are all good. I chalk it up to the bunk supports that are welded on the frame are not identical when it came to building the trailer.
This. I will get a picture shortly. The trailer is level, the boat is not. The boards seem to be visually good but I haven't taken a tape measure to them.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would launch the boat and then level off the bunks and measure to the trailer. Also would then measure and level the fenders and axle to the trailer. Also measure bunks horizontally to sides of trailer. If it is the trailer is should be evident then.

@Babin Farms Makes a lot of sense. Only way to fix that is to probably adjust the bunks on one side down.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I looked thru a couple of pages of pictures on your "nice aft" thread. If the boat is not centered on the trailer, it will lean to one side or another depending on where it lands on the bunks and the angle of the hull as it rests. If it is off center, it will lean. I did not see any guide poles on your trailer, they will help to center the boat on the trailer. I had noticed a similar situation with my 230 and the VeVe guide poles straightened it out.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If it’s wonky on the bunks, you’re in too deep. It should center itself as you pull up on the trailer.

If you’re on the bunks correctly, then your bunks may be off a bit like someone else suggested.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If it’s wonky on the bunks, you’re in too deep. It should center itself as you pull up on the trailer.

If you’re on the bunks correctly, then your bunks may be off a bit like someone else suggested.
This last time, I tried with the bunks a few feet out of the water. I don't think the trailer was too deep.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@adrianp89 Your boat may load different than mine, but I keep front fender 1 inch or so underwater and I get a good load every time. Of course the angles on your ramps may be different and this would affect it as well.

Once I put the guides on the trailer, loading became so much easier and it sits in the same spot every time. Pretty easy mod for such a big benefit :)

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know, this sounds like a his/her performance issue, lol, but it is possible that you are pulling out too fast. Pull out a little slower.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I know, this sounds like a his/her performance issue, lol, but it is possible that you are pulling out too fast. Pull out a little slower.
Never pull out.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@adrianp89 Your boat may load different than mine, but I keep front fender 1 inch or so underwater and I get a good load every time. Of course the angles on your ramps may be different and this would affect it as well.

Once I put the guides on the trailer, loading became so much easier and it sits in the same spot every time. Pretty easy mod for such a big benefit :)
Guides sound nice, but I assume I have to get the boat on perfect before installing the guides.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good point!!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guides sound nice, but I assume I have to get the boat on perfect before installing the guides.
No, not really. You can set them at an equal distance from the frame rail while the boat sits there. The stern is narrower than the 8'6"+ minimum, beam of the boat, that the guides are spaced at.

Sx240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is always crooked too I thought about putting the guide posts on the trailer to help out

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I have the same problem with my trailer. I’ve re-floated it, pulled it on by winch, etc. Same scenario. Always a few inches uneven. After I moved the winch back 3 inches, same problem. Dealer is going to check it for me in a couple of weeks. I have side pists but they play no role in aligning the nost on the bunks.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I go to pick my trailer up I always walk around it and check that the bunks pivot. I found a couple times that they get locked and won’t move . Just something easy to check .

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
When I go to pick my trailer up I always walk around it and check that the bunks pivot. I found a couple times that they get locked and won’t move . Just something easy to check .
Interesting. I thought they are fixed. Will definetly check next time out.