• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Currently boatless, are I/B & I/O welcome?

jerseyboyz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys I was referred here by a nice gentleman on Youtube who goes by the handle (there)Broncos Guru.
First and foremost I think what you guys are doing here is incredible with regards to your group rides (specifically for me Bimini).

I have watched countless videos of boats/skis making this trip followed by several comments inquiring about hooking up or tagging along. Rarely is there a positive reply for a variety of reasons. So for you to provide a medium such as this for like minded people to hook up is very cool.

So I post for myself and my brother we are still thrill seekers ate 54 & 59. We've owned a variety of boats and skis (as well as other toys). I've jumped waves in the ocean and tug boat swells on the Delaware River. I'm comfortable riding fast in rough water while maintaining a great respect for the sheer power and force of the ocean however I've never captained anything without the comfort of land on one visual side.

My brother is usually there with me as my wife isn't one for anything but ideal conditions on the water. My brother besides being our mechanic has served in the USCG and captained a 50' oyster boat out of Chincoteague. VA.

So we have aspirations of making the 2017 Bimini trip (hoping and assuming there is one) and we are getting our ducks in a row now. I want and will eventually get a SeaDoo or Yamaha 18-21' for the family but for this trip I need to go in a different direction. My brother the mechanic wants something with a small block Chevy engine in so he can make repairs. Do you guys allow non jeters in and along for the trips?

Thinking of maybe either a 19' Mako or restoring my dads 22' Imperial. Either one would be able to plain out at high 30's-mid 40's.

I've read through most all of the posts on this years trips and the game plan along with recommendations and requirements and I have to say it's very impressive. I'm hopeful you all have a safe and wonderful trip this year. I look forward to your photos and videos as well as suggestions and answers to my inquiries above.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome @jerseyboyz. I'm just a bit north of you.

I haven't made the Bimini trip, so you'll have to wait for others in the know to chime in, but knowing the folks on this site, I would be surprised if they said no.

edit: @Julian and I must have just posted at the same time, but as expected, a warm welcome.

jerseyboyz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Topper232 yea you are very close. Where do you ride Mullica, Rancocas, shore?
thanks for the welcome

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't trust those shady NY/NJ folks. . . . . . They are a bit sketchy up that way. . . . ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @jerseyboyz glad you were finally able to get the account set up. Last year we had 4 skis and 2 prop boats on the trip all are welcome to join as long as the boat is sea worthy is what I was told back in the 2015 Bimini trip. Heck last year one of the prop boats wasn't even really with us they were planning on going it alone and when they realized we were heading out just asked if they could join us right in the harbor as we were about to leave and they wound up hanging with our group for their entire trip and going back early with a member who could only stay a few days. Really is a great forum over here and I'm sure a few will try and talk you guys into a jet boat when you start shopping. I'm sure there will be a trip in 2017 as there is always an interest but there is still time to get in on the 2016 trip ;). Glad you saw my videos and the led you here!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't trust those shady NY/NJ folks. . . . . . They are a bit sketchy up that way. . . . ;)
I hear ya my girl is from NY a bunch of her family lives up your way Liberty/Swan Lake area I tell her the same thing anytime she tries to tell me something lol!

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Topper232 yea you are very close. Where do you ride Mullica, Rancocas, shore?
thanks for the welcome
@jerseyboyz we usually start out in the Delaware River. I get a season pass to the Burlington City boat ramp. Once the bay is warm enough we go there as much as we can. I get a season pass to the Ship Bottom ramp on LBI. Love the beach!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jerseyboyz as one of the founding members of the Bimini trip I fully agree with what @robert843 mentioned above, all that is required to go on the Bimini trip or heck any trip is to have a sound boat no matter if it is a jet or not. We just want people that enjoy boating, enjoy the adventure, and want to have fun to be with us, we are not boat prejudice.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!!!

I agree with @andy07sx230ho. I am leading the 2016 Bimini Fling as all of the guys with more experience have made other plans this year but will happily hand over the reins if someone with more experience steps up. The past leadership has been very helpful with advice as this years trip has been planned.

We are splitting the crossing into multiple groups this year. The smaller groups will make it easier to keep up with the other boats in your group and we should end the trip with lots of captains that would be capable of leading in 2017.

Propped boats are welcome. In fact large prop boats are very very welcome. As with all boating the captain is taking responsibility for the safety of his or her crew. Personally I want to take a boat that I can reasonably expect will not have any mechanical issues on the trip and the more engines the better. I am touching wood as I type this but so far I have not had to repair or alter any part of my boat while on the trip. I have invested heavily in maintenance and upgrades before the trip.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Another option is to check out the Bimini flings led by Bimini tourism group. They require a 22' or 23' boat i believe.
This is one of those trips that bigger is better!

jerseyboyz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian thanks for the reply, start planning now 2017

@0627Devildog smart man. Wait sold a Sea-Doo & bought a Yamaha? Guess I will be picking your brain before I purchase a jet.

@robert843 thanks again for your help and guiding me here. I would love for nothing more than to go this year but
A) I know this type of trip is one that takes great planning and can not be rushed in any way.
B) I will be coming back from an ATV week @ "Ride the Wilds" in NH the week prior. I have the time off available to me from work but, no way I'm getting two weeks vaca in one year without the wife & family so 2017 it is.
oh NYC girl? /insert any emasculating joke here ;) :D

@Topper232 LBI? I thought for certain all of those 4+ million dollar homes were furniture and sheet warehouses (less a few rentals ;) )
We usually hit the sand bar across from the Deauville Inn @ Corsons Inlet in Strathmere. There is a nice secluded spot called the dredge off of Great Egg Harbor and I like Champagne Island off North Wildwood. Feel free to hit me up for directions to any of those spots if you haven't been there already.

@andy07sx230ho thanks for the invite and reassurance. I kinda figured it (propulsion)wouldn't be an issue but I thought it would be a good ice breaker. As to your requirements, check, check and check. I qualify ( a first) once I get a boat of course (details)

@Bruce the man that puts the word "organize" in organizer. Thanks for the welcome and reassurance. Your comments on this years trip thread gave me both great caution and confidence about being able to make this crossing. It would appear you all have learned a great deal from last years trip when dealing with less than ideal conditions. As a result everyone this year will benefit.
I am hopeful that we decide to restore my dearly departed father's 22 Imperial. Besides the fact that it will make for a great family project and be symbolic for our crossing it has nice high sides and takes the rough stuff pretty good. Also has a cabin in case you need to get away from the elements. Either way I hope to bring something that could act as a support boat in a pinch (since I'm not getting my jet boat until after 2017 crossing).

@Speedling jeez if I didn't know better I would swear you are pawning me off ;) Usually one gets to know me before resorting to that.
The bigger the better (was stolen from Japan) Totally my motto, my brother and I currently organize ATV trips for large groups of (semi)complete strangers we have met on ATV forums.

I will continue to monitor this years trip thread and the ones that follow to pick up any other tips and to share in your photos and videos of what will hopefully be an awesome and safe week for you all.

Thank you all again for making a boat less stranger feel welcome even if his next rig is going to be an O/B :)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Certainly not pawning you off!
There are several opportunities to get over there but i am sure with the jetboaters.net group is one of the best!

jerseyboyz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling I know bro it's all good, I was just having some fun. Thank you for your help and suggestions.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

0627Devildog