• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

cushion material

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know of a source for the material used for the cushions on our boats?

I need to have a cushion recovered but my apholsterer can't match the color or pattern.

Ours is a 2006 SX210 with white seats and grey piping.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first suggestion would be to contact Will at Jet Boat Pilot. If he doesn't have it, he knows who will (if it is available).

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I contacted Will at JetBoatPilot first. I'd either have to send the cushion or cut a piece off and send it to him. I'm trying to see if there is a source company.

Do the seats come from Japan or are they made here in the states? Does anyone know?

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2005 interior was made by a company in Tennessee. The name Commercial Sewing rings a bell. I think all interiors are made in the states but they have used a couple different vendors over the years.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They won't sell the Yamaha fabric on the open market. You may be able to find a close match though.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Greatlakesskipper.com sometimes has it, but not right now (I just checked).
Julian, Does that mean they sometimes have the material or replacement cushions?

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
John, I use BK Upholstery near me for my own, friends and customer vehicles. He re-covered the back 3 large cushions of my buddies Natique. If you want, look him up and ask for Brad (owner) and tell him you're a friend of Don from RPM to ask any questions.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
John, if you call Brad and work anything out im meeting my dad and brother on Shasta with my boat for 3 days of fishing in the coming weeks (end of March/early April) so I can save $20 in shipping back for you.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll call crane tomorrow. The info on their web site is password protected.
I can't seem to get ahold of Crane. No answer on their phone. No contact numbers or emails listed on their web site. Only a fax #.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I give up. I've tried all other sources. I cut out a piece and I'm sending it to JetBoatPilot to see if I can buy the material from Will.

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got @jdonalds material in the mail and returned sample to him. Our OEM material for 2007 Yamaha Boats looks very similar to what he had but with the sun fade over time and variances between rolls of fabric I am not sure what his material looked like when it was new.

@jdonalds Can you call me when you get the new sample? I wanted to verify with you whether or not the material is close enough for you to order it.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
JetBoatPilot said:
Just got @jdonalds material in the mail and returned sample to him. Our OEM material for 2007 Yamaha Boats looks very similar to what he had but with the sun fade over time and variances between rolls of fabric I am not sure what his material looked like when it was new.

@jdonalds Can you call me when you get the new sample? I wanted to verify with you whether or not the material is close enough for you to order it.
Thanks Will. My sample shouldn't be too faded. It was new in 2009 when I had to replace the whole cushion. I keep it covered when not on the lake. I will call when it arrives.

The piece I cut off was also from the back side that isn't in the sun.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok, it looked good but not a perfect match. Let me know what you think, and remember the upholstery color will be even more apparent that it is different in large areas compared to small areas, just like when you paint a wall the color looks completely different on the wall compared to the color swatch you get in the store.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, it looked good but not a perfect match. Let me know what you think, and remember the upholstery color will be even more apparent that it is different in large areas compared to small areas, just like when you paint a wall the color looks completely different on the wall compared to the color swatch you get in the store.
Yep. My wife and I just had that wall color discussion this morning. She wants to paint the laundry room a pale yellow. The small samples can be quite misleading, the actual color looking much deeper and more vibrant than it looks on the chip.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have contacts in the Phoenix area? We are thinking about getting a cushion support made to increase the comfort of the back and front areas to use as beds for camping.....