• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom Graphics Opinion and Ideas Please

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
DSC01635.JPG I had all of my graphics removed (including the entertaining rectum/vagina stickers) from my AR230. Then I had it sanded and polished. I looks like a brand new boat!

I am working with a local company called Road Rage Designs. Normally, they do full vehicle wraps. The wraps are incredible, but not my style or within my budget. They run around 2-3K. Another issue for me with the wraps is that we dock at many places on our lake where the likelihood of the wrap getting rubbed or damaged by a dock is pretty high.

They have worked with me to start developing a custom striping/accent package. I have attached what they have come up with. While I like it, it's still not what I am looking for. The next iteration will be something less symmetrical, with more striping either side of the logo (that may change too). I also want accent striping above the rub rail in the thicker part of the white towards the stern.

Let me know what you think!

Ericorange-boat1-2.jpg orange-boat1.jpg

Last edited:
Was it IPB or something had a special for our boats a while back?
I don't like wraps for the same reason as you. Also look at some of the basic car stickers kinda thing. Cheap!

Murph,

You replied to my original thread with the link, but I was outside the group buy window. The first choice on your list is my favorite BTW.

It didn't look like you did much custom stuff and frankly, I don't want to do my own install. (You're in CA and I'm in Chicago area).

Your products look great though! Thanks!!

Eric

Murph,

You replied to my original thread with the link, but I was outside the group buy window. The first choice on your list is my favorite BTW.

It didn't look like you did much custom stuff and frankly, I don't want to do my own install. (You're in CA and I'm in Chicago area).

Your products look great though! Thanks!!

Eric
I used "our" as in "our forums group buy section". I have no affiliation with IPD.

I like it without anything, it really cleaned up nice, if I was going to go away from the original it would be less symmetrical, maybe with the tuning forks more forward and the lines coming off it towards the back,

Not a big fan of the blue... what about white?

This is all personal preference just like color choosing. Me personally I'm not digging that graphic design.

I prefer the swept back & streak type of graphic look.

I like that too...

Here is one I found online that they are looking at, combined with taking the tuning forks and making it look sort of like a meteor on the upper rear white portion....

P1010050.jpg

So, here are the latest layups from Road Rage. I like the top one (orange stripes) the best. I am going to have them make a combo of this one with the gray (pic 2) for the final layup...

Eric

orange-boat2.jpg

Attachments

• orange-boat1-3.jpg
    orange-boat1-3.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I like the 2 tone grey the best. The other ones just seem too bright. Of course I have a tinted windshield fom the factory and a black tower.

My wife like the grey too. I am going to see if they can make the orange (first one) one shade darker. That's my favorite...

Eric

The 2 tone grey looks the best. IMO

I like it best "naked", but of the ones above I prefer the gray. If it were mine, I'd probably leave it clean (I took the decals off of our 210) or maybe just do something in the wide white area at the aft end.

The second set of designs are much more balanced with the shape of the boat. I like the grey one, but the long stripe and Yamaha on the Orange look a little off to me. What if those were done in white or black and the rest of the graphics stay the same?

My favorite, in order, are the orange on orange (going to have the designer go one shade darker on orange), grey on orange, or just naked with something on the big white above the rub rail like the Yamaha meteor.

Thanks for the critical eye. I'll keep posting the changes and end results. The graphics aren't being applied until the boat comes out next spring.

Eric

@Eric Popper When doing the Yamaha tuning fork there are actually 2 different logos. The one that you have pictured is actually the instrument logo. The tuning fork doesn't go out to the outer edge. The motorsports logo goes out to the outer ring..

Instrument

444730000002092-00-500x500.jpg

Motorsports

12070927_1630417727210380_498177724_n.jpg

Back