• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

DC Area Ride Along

Pionkey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey everyone! I'm looking at buying an 242 Limited S with a friend. I have experience mostly on Sea Ray Sundecks so this would be my first jet boat. We are interested in buying a used 2015 or newer, due to the redesigned keel that we have been told significantly increases control especially at low speeds. A 2017 or newer would be even better due to the redesigned clean out ports.

This may be a strange request but we were hoping that someone in the DC area may be able to show us their boat, either trailered, at a slip, or out on the water. None of the dealers in the area have any to show us and all the private party used ones are sold before we can even reach out to the owners. We'd really like to take a look and get some honest feedback from an owner and have a few questions answered.

If this thread is in the wrong location, sorry in advance. I didn't see a good place for a request like this.

Thanks!

Back