• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer Rant

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found a good dealer to work with, but just wanted to vent about my experiences boat shopping. I’ve looked at several boats and spoke to several dealers and before even considering making an offer I had a few that have flat out told me don’t waste their time if I’m not paying msrp. I get it’s a sellers market right now and I’m for them getting while the getting is good, but damn! That kind of attitude makes me want to never give them business.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I could understand if a salesman politely said "just wanted you to know that we are selling all our boats at MSRP as due to covid we didn't get our full allotment of boats and demand means we can easily get MSRP. In fact, if you are really motivated, you'll want to jump on any boat immediately as they are moving fast and I'd hate for you to miss out".

But I can imagine the surly saleguy saying "don't waste my time if you are thinking of trying to negotiate off MSRP....ain't happening"..... some people are just <fill in your favorite epithet>