• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Delivery Information 2023 FSH 222 Sport E

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fantastic and love the color. We are still awaiting our FSH SPT of the same color. Glad to see at least the E models are shipping

bledbetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Picked up my 222 FSH Sport a few weeks ago. Here are a few picks since I've only seen the "E" models so far on this thread.

Attachments

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Picked up my 222 FSH Sport a few weeks ago. Here are a few picks since I've only seen the "E" models so far on this thread.
ordered one just like this and never came in. Cancelled my order. Definitely sharp looking boats!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Received our 2023 222 FSH Sport E from Wonderland Marine, Ryan and his team were excellent to work with for an out of state buyer. It made its way from Michigan to South Texas, was delivered Saturday morning and has 9.5 hrs on it now. Performed the break in period early Saturday morning with a little cruise, then on to runtimes with the family. Saturday, weather was sunny and warm, South wind at 16 which makes Aransas Bay pretty rough. We ran through the bay to get to the ICW and out to Lydia Ann Channel close to Port A to tube/ski/wakeboard. Boat performed behind expectations and thus far has been an awesome addition to the family. I will continue to post more pics as we het some more use.
Boat performed “behind” expectations? Or beyond? I’m guessing beyond.

FSHCT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. Still waiting on ours to come in. Fingers crossed. What size Garmin is that?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks, I hope yours comes in soon! 10" Garmin. It was a little nerve-racking cutting the hole. ha
Im up to 6 holes I have cut in mine since 2021, even the last one which was just 6 months ago was still nerve wrecking.

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did your SPT come with snap in marine mat? Dealer ensured me that it came with flooring when I ordered. Still no word on delivery
Throw up some more pics when you have time. Would love to see the storage modifications and anything that really impressed or disappointed you

bledbetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Did your SPT come with snap in marine mat? Dealer ensured me that it came with flooring when I ordered. Still no word on delivery
Throw up some more pics when you have time. Would love to see the storage modifications and anything that really impressed or disappointed you
I only have the one snap-in mat behind the helm. According to my dealer, the sport model doesn't come with full mats like the E (let me know if you find out anything). I've owned two other traditional CC boats in the past and this is my first "jet" boat and so far I'm very pleased. I'll post more pictures later.

Pros:
  • It accelerates much faster out of the hole compared to my previous traditional outboard boat.
  • No need to worry about trimming motors or trim tabs.
  • It's easy to drive, even at low speeds. I was concerned after reading some discussions where people overcomplicate things. You can practically dock and trailer the boat using just the throttles.
  • The storage space is fantastic and it seems like Yamaha has taken advatage of every inch of the boat. Hell, I forget where I store stuff.
  • The walk-in center console is more useful than I anticipated.
  • Wireless phone charger!
  • Remember to ask the dealer for the "delivery" cover.
Cons:
  • The fit and finish were slightly disappointing. I've had to tighten every screw on the boat, particularly the hinges.
  • The T-top has limited space for mounting things like VHF antennas or spread lights.
  • The sport model doesn't come with the fish platform/table for the front area or the garelick mount
  • Maybe my dealer forgot to include the floor mats. Ha!

I've only taken it out in the gulf/bay a few times for leisurely cruising to keep my wife happy. However, I'm planning to do a lot of fishing with this boat in July, so I'll likely be able to expand the list of pros and cons from a fishing perspective.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I only have the one snap-in mat behind the helm. According to my dealer, the sport model doesn't come with full mats like the E (let me know if you find out anything). I've owned two other traditional CC boats in the past and this is my first "jet" boat and so far I'm very pleased. I'll post more pictures later.

Pros:
  • It accelerates much faster out of the hole compared to my previous traditional outboard boat.
  • It's easy to drive, even at low speeds. I was concerned after reading some discussions where people overcomplicate things. You can practically dock and trailer the boat using just the throttles.
  • The storage space is fantastic and it seems like Yamaha has taken advatage of every inch of the boat. Hell, I forget where I store stuff.
Cons:
  • The fit and finish were slightly disappointing. I've had to tighten every screw on the boat, particularly the hinges.
  • The T-top has limited space for mounting things like VHF antennas or spread lights.
  • The sport model doesn't come with the fish platform/table for the front area or the garelick mount

I've only taken it out in the gulf/bay a few times for leisurely cruising to keep my wife happy. However, I'm planning to do a lot of fishing with this boat in July, so I'll likely be able to expand the list of pros and cons from a fishing perspective.
the FSH boats all come with snap in marine mat on the main deck… standard. If they cut this out on the Sport model, then Yamaha is really starting to cut corners. When I first ordered the 222 sport all of the documentation stated it came with a Simrad, then later they changed it stating only on the E model. I recently cancelled our 222 Sport order(boat still hasn’t arrived) and kinda glad I did if they’re cutting stuff that used to be standard like the marine Mat.

bledbetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
the FSH boats all come with snap in marine mat on the main deck… standard. If they cut this out on the Sport model, then Yamaha is really starting to cut corners. When I first ordered the 222 sport all of the documentation stated it came with a Simrad, then later they changed it stating only on the E model. I recently cancelled our 222 Sport order(boat still hasn’t arrived) and kinda glad I did if they’re cutting stuff that used to be standard like the marine Mat.
Yeah, since I've never had marine mat before, maybe I don't fully understand what I'm missing. I've always been accustomed to the Garmin ecosystem, so the absence of Simrad wasn't a major concern for me. Still, they could have at least made sure the hinge screws were tightened! Ha!
I hope everything is tightened up properly on the engine!

jbush4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Pros:
Cons:

I can second about everything mentioned here. I took delivery "drove 1000 miles round trip" on June 1st to pick up my 220 FSH Sport. Already have 12 hours on it and I'm overly impressed. Acceleration and speed are greatly exceeding expectations of the TR-1s. I saw 42 mph on the dash the other night with just myself and 55% fuel. The 220 sport also only has the marine mat at the leaning post, no other marine mat other than the casting platforms. My biggest disappointment is that the 220 sport doesn't get the bow seating cushions. Just textured fiberglass for the kids to sit on. Fit and finish are also a concern. I had the dealer tighten the ski locker hinge at walk through, but the fiberglass is already starting to spider from stress of them opening a loose hinge at set up. I have fished it a couple times, and once with 3 fisherman. Plenty of room to spread out. It does tend to drift slightly towards the bow, instead of straight down wind, but much slower than id expect with that tall freeboard. I thought the 10 mph wind would send it sailing. I'd say I'm completely satisfied and impressed so far.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 220 sport also only has the marine mat at the leaning post, no other marine mat other than the casting platforms. My biggest disappointment is that the 220 sport doesn't get the bow seating cushions. Just textured fiberglass for the kids to sit on.
Thanks for sharing your experience thus far. Surprised to see that on your model the cushions are not included. Previously Yamaha was known for including “everything” with the model, with trim levels bring upgrades (different drivetrain, e-throttles, plusher upholstery, tower, etc.). If they are going this route, you would think the online build/configuration tool would show things such as the cushions and table/casting platform as additional add-ons/packages, as they do with the swim up seats.

In the absence of cushions, you could look into a thicker marine matt, if you can’t source cushions.

With the TR-1s, what is your optimal cruise RPM and speed?

jbush4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing your experience thus far. Surprised to see that on your model the cushions are not included. Previously Yamaha was known for including “everything” with the model, with trim levels bring upgrades (different drivetrain, e-throttles, plusher upholstery, tower, etc.). If they are going this route, you would think the online build/configuration tool would show things such as the cushions and table/casting platform as additional add-ons/packages, as they do with the swim up seats.

In the absence of cushions, you could look into a thicker marine matt, if you can’t source cushions.

With the TR-1s, what is your optimal cruise RPM and speed?
I do plan to source the front bow cushions when the become available. Hopefully JBP makes an aftermarket option like the bow filler cushion in the past, or direct from Yamaha if parts ever become available. I have found about 34-35 mph is a nice cruising speed. Anything below 31-32 or so won't stay up on plane.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice boat! I’m very surprised that there are no bow cushions … but overall what a sexy boat!

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jbush4 Thanks for the feedback and photos. I do like the all white boat. :)

Just went back to look at the Yamaha website, and the “compare tool”, clearly indicates that bow cushions are included on all 22’ FSH models, as well as Marine Mat flooring (doesn’t differentiate between models). I know they state specifications can change, but when they do, they should update their online tools. (Comparison tool as of 6/17/2023 attached). This might be something you can take back to your dealer. I don’t see any mention of the bow table delete either.

Surprised that the new hull design has such a high planning speed, but appreciate you confirming that, I noticed on the pre-production model stats that were shared by publications/reviews for the 222 FSH and the 222 Runabout, that the boats needed to be above 6k RPMs before they broke 20mph.

Wishing you a great season of fishing and enjoying your boat!!

Attachments

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bledbetter, Thank you for the information. I was concerned about the omission of the Marine Mat although I have the documentation when I ordered the boat and emails from the dealer that assured me that the mats were included. They are a game changer for the family. I have glue down in my 210 FSH SPT (entire floor and gunwales from JBP) and the addition was incredible. If nothing else, the swim platform is a must for the family. Keep us informed as we impatiently wait for Yamaha to get the rest of us our boats! Have a great weekend

jbush4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@jbush4 Thanks for the feedback and photos. I do like the all white boat. :)

Just went back to look at the Yamaha website, and the “compare tool”, clearly indicates that bow cushions are included on all 22’ FSH models, as well as Marine Mat flooring (doesn’t differentiate between models). I know they state specifications can change, but when they do, they should update their online tools. (Comparison tool as of 6/17/2023 attached). This might be something you can take back to your dealer. I don’t see any mention of the bow table delete either.

Surprised that the new hull design has such a high planning speed, but appreciate you confirming that, I noticed on the pre-production model stats that were shared by publications/reviews for the 222 FSH and the 222 Runabout, that the boats needed to be above 6k RPMs before they broke 20mph.

Wishing you a great season of fishing and enjoying your boat!!
Just wanted to revisit the planing speed I mentioned. I just got off the water and specifically tested this out. It will stay on plane down to about 20 mph and 6000 rpm. It feels like it's not going to because it's so slow and the bow is so high, but it does stay up.

dnf736

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Greetings. Can one of you who have a 220 or 222 sport tell me how tall it is to the top of the console when it on the trailer. Is it under 7 feet? I have a 195 sport and remove the tower, windshield & seat to get it into my garage.
Thanks