• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Delivery Information 2023 FSH 222 Sport E

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought there would have been tackle storage in the starboard storage pod, I just and looked at the boat test video
https://boattest.com/boats/yamaha/222-fsh-2023 and discovered I was wrong about that, in the BT vid they show shelves on the doors of the starboard storage pod doors. But hey, having a trash can on each side is also great!

Good luck on the maiden voyage today! We will of course want pictures!

That’s a screen shot of the BT fuel consumption, best cruise 6500 rpm, 34.9 mph / 15.8 gph=2.20 mpg. Id be interested to know what your fuel consumption looks like.

217CC9E9-60AA-4F40-8734-FDC40FF40036.png

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought there would have been tackle storage in the starboard storage pod, I just and looked at the boat test video
https://boattest.com/boats/yamaha/222-fsh-2023 and discovered I was wrong about that, in the BT vid they show shelves on the doors of the starboard storage pod doors. But hey, having a trash can on each side is also great!

Good luck on the maiden voyage today! We will of course want pictures!

That’s a screen shot of the BT fuel consumption, best cruise 6500 rpm, 34.9 mph / 15.8 gph=2.20 mpg. Id be interested to know what your fuel consumption looks like.

View attachment 199208
Yes no tackle and it doesn't even have the storage place for the table leg. The storage spaces are huge but will need shelving or something to make it usable above just stacking stuff on the floor.

We will be out this afternoon and I will share pictures and my take on the performance. We have the 90 minute 5k rpm or less to start first.
Thanks,
Ben

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes no tackle and it doesn't even have the storage place for the table leg. The storage spaces are huge but will need shelving or something to make it usable above just stacking stuff on the floor.

We will be out this afternoon and I will share pictures and my take on the performance. We have the 90 minute 5k rpm or less to start first.
Thanks,
Ben
sounds like a great day ahead on the water!

I was going to try and build in a set of shelves that would hold 3600 Plano trays with the help of CAD = card board aided design lol! Build a mock up out of card board then build the shelves out of PVC board or starboard. Have since decided against that idea and am looking at some tackle bags that hold Plano trays. Point is you have some great storage available to you!

Hope y’all have a great day!

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Thanks,
Ben
Is your boat the 222 FSH Sport E?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also notice that the doors on the storage pods all have weather stripping too!
Yes. I just finished washing and they all do a good job of keeping water out. I'll post pictures and video of the ride today shortly.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Everything went well today on the 2023 222 FSH Sport E. The seas were rough to start the day with solid 2 ft seas for the first hour and then smoothing to 1-2 ft later in the day in the gulf. Going max 5k rpms means 10mph on smooth or 7-8mph on rough seas and riding for 90 minutes at 7mph over 2 foot waves was not ideal but we got it done. My wife said she's staying home if we ever have to break in another new boat!

I would have never taken my AR190 out on a day like today, but the 222 fsh handled it well. After the break in time we were able to get on plane and cruising at 25-30 was comfortable even through the waves. I would have been stuck around 15-20 in the AR190. I have uploaded a few short videos. Excuse my hand in the one but I was trying to hold on so I wouldn't fall to the floor over the bumps. Its hard to tell but they were pretty big. We found a smoother section on the back side of a sandbar and went up to 37mph but then right after the video we were airborne and had to slow it down. It is loud, just like my AR190 from 3k-5k rpms. Above that at cruising speed I feel it is not as loud as my AR190. It has plenty of power and accelerates smoothly and quickly. I love the dual throttles. At slow speeds you can use the wheel and the throttles to do just about anything. My AR190 was easy to drive. This boat feels twice as large but it is just as easy to drive. You can turn 360 sitting still and at speed hit a turn crazy fast by punching the outside throttle. I love it. My wife prefers to not worry about the dual throttles and easily taps the button to just use the port throttle. She was smiling while driving today and would have been demanding to go home in the old boat. We all love this boat and do not regret the purchase at all.

So far I have only found minor things wrong. I was worried about the gel coat after seeing post of spider cracking and dents. I touched every part of the boat while washing this evening and it all looks great and feels firm. The latch on the table/swim platform is broken on one side. There is one smudge in the texture on back of one jump seat. The swim deck stereo remote does not work and I found that it is not plugged in behind the stereo. The cable is not hanging under there so it is likely still below the flooring in the console. I will fish for it later or get the dealer to deal with it when I take it back at some point for the other few things.

We are going to take it to Destin next weekend and hopefully will have better luck in the protected waters there instead of the open gulf over here. WE will see about checking the top speed at that time I hope.

Here are a couple short videos and some pictures including one with it sitting next to the tiny AR190. Its only 3 more feet but it feels like twice the boat when you are on the water....and while washing it!

Attachments

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome… just awesome!

Toolmanbmw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Man, thank you for posting these updates so quickly. It really makes me happy and excited that someone is finally enjoying this boat and hopefully I will get my turn soon!

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Man, thank you for posting these updates so quickly. It really makes me happy and excited that someone is finally enjoying this boat and hopefully I will get my turn soon!
No problem! It will be worth the wait whenever it comes!

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats - thanks for sharing! Those photos of your kids in the jump seats really show how deep the cockpit is.

Noticed in your side by side, you went from a white hull to a colored hull. Might want to look into some bumper “socks” to help avoid small scratches/swirls in the colored gel-coat. SearchBumper Buddies” on Amazon. Available in all sorts of colors.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats - thanks for sharing! Those photos of your kids in the jump seats really show how deep the cockpit is.

Noticed in your side by side, you went from a white hull to a colored hull. Might want to look into some bumper “socks” to help avoid small scratches/swirls in the colored gel-coat. SearchBumper Buddies” on Amazon. Available in all sorts of colors.
I was really worried about the jump seats but they are great. It feels safe for the kids and it's even comfortable for me. We were out in pretty rough seas yesterday and my 6 yr old moved him self back there and it rides very smooth. The kids feel safe deep down in the hull. For adults, I'm 6'1 and it is still comfortable for me with the ledge being sports car window arm height. These seats (and how they fold completely out of the way) are one of my favorite things about the boat.

Thanks for the information about the Bumper Buddies. I have also been looking for an easier way to quickly put them out. Has anyone used something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Sebnux-Fender-Adjuster-Pontton-Release/dp/B0BN7NF3XR/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=XbSBe&content-id=amzn1.sym.08900ed4-dd64-49b1-bce7-2e717defb1aa&pf_rd_p=08900ed4-dd64-49b1-bce7-2e717defb1aa&pf_rd_r=N18R8TABW6RDCK156FM9&pd_rd_wg=XszdI&pd_rd_r=652baa47-52fa-4ba0-953d-ead4e81bf7de&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi
I may eventually just but metal clips that you install and then just snap the bumpers in.

Thanks!

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are up to drilling holes in the new boat, check out the Phender Pro. The link should be for a brief video on them.

You would probably need two entire kits (mounting base & quick release fender holder), and then two more mounting bases (unless you were aware of a situation where you routinely needed to have fenders deployed on both sides), plus the installation tool. Right now the set is on sale for $72, normally $90. Relatively easy to install with the proper sized drill bit, and some 4200 or the equivalent.

Phender Pro 3/8-Inch Marine Stainless Steel Quick-Release

A few more questions on the boat, does the forward table have two positions, or three?
1) Table
2) Casting Platform
3) If not in use, does it store on the floor, or elsewhere on the boat?

It looks like just forward of the jump seats, there is a webbed pouch below the gunwales. Is there a dedicated purpose for this, or is it general storage (phone, fish pliers, etc.). Hard to tell how large it is.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you are up to drilling holes in the new boat, check out the Phender Pro. The link should be for a brief video on them.

You would probably need two entire kits (mounting base & quick release fender holder), and then two more mounting bases (unless you were aware of a situation where you routinely needed to have fenders deployed on both sides), plus the installation tool. Right now the set is on sale for $72, normally $90. Relatively easy to install with the proper sized drill bit, and some 4200 or the equivalent.

Phender Pro 3/8-Inch Marine Stainless Steel Quick-Release

A few more questions on the boat, does the forward table have two positions, or three?
1) Table
2) Casting Platform
3) If not in use, does it store on the floor, or elsewhere on the boat?

It looks like just forward of the jump seats, there is a webbed pouch below the gunwales. Is there a dedicated purpose for this, or is it general storage (phone, fish pliers, etc.). Hard to tell how large it is.
Those quick-release clips are what I need thanks! I thought they were all over $100 for one.

Answers:
There is no dedicated place to store the table when not in use. There is plenty of room in the console changing room but not a dedicated secure space the way it comes. It is heavy and would do some damage if not strapped to something. The changing room is way bigger than I thought it would be. It is so deep that it is difficult to get in an out. Eventually I will find a way to secure it and other things in there. I plan to make a rack for beach chairs as well. It is all hard surfaced so everything you put in there just slides around and like most ski lockers it seems to be the place the water sits at the lowest point when on the trailer.

Yes on both sides there is a webbed storage pocket with no specific purpose. Just a guess from memory I would say maybe 12 inches long, 4 inches deep and 6 inches tall. I will run the tape if I remember later. I have not used that yet. Would be good for sunscreen or sunglasses cases and things like that. Maybe ig enough to secure the ire extinguisher...unless I am over estimating it.

Other thoughts about running yesterday:
-Phone charger worked well and charged fast. We hit hard several times and my phone in its case did not fall out
-gps connected quick and was accurate
-the snap in marine mat feels good. I never once used the carpets in my old boat as the plain floors are easier to clean but these mats are much nicer and I will likely keep them in.
-I have lectrotab trim tabs and thrust vectors on my AR190 as a requirement to make it useable in the gulf. I don't think you need either to be comfortable in this boat, but I do think both would likely make it even better.

Triple2LoVe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does it have mounts on the stern for swim up seats?

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did your dealer give you any idea when these seats will be available? Also is there a mooring cover available? How about the aft sun shade?