• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Delivery Of Our New Boat!!!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
We now have our ‘19 215 ID Denim Blue Scarab at home!!!

We took delivery yesterday afternoon. Everything seems to be in order so far. We didn’t run the boat real long, maybe 40 minutes or so.... But love it!!!

We are very happy with the Impulse Denim Blue exterior and Impulse Blue interior.

It pulls pretty good on the tandem axle trailer. Though the real test will be behind the ‘06 Rainier when we go camping, since the HD has camper duty.

And now for the story behind the name....

While waiting to lake test a 215 to make sure a jet boat was the right choice for us, we decided that maybe ordering in the fall was a little soon, and we would wait until the Feb/Mar boat shown to order.

So my wife stated I had better put on my best poker face when we test drove the boat... Test day came, and while it wasn’t easy, I maintained what I thought was a somewhat neutral expression... Even when the salesman whipped the wheel and we spun out, only to hammer down again taking off... A true test of hiding my emotions and feelings for the boat!!! Would I crack??? 😰 Somehow I survived...

After driving the boat some, and being more concerned with the slow speed handling and reverse of the 215, I persuaded my wife to drive. Main reason was there was no way I was making the decision myself even though I had a feeling she was sold on just the ride alone...

She took it slow for a min, getting the feel for the boat. The next thing we (our salesman, the salesman familiar with driving a jet boat, and myself) knew, she is whipping the wheel, spinning out, and hammering down like she has done this a million times.....

All with a huge smile!!!

So.... upon arriving back to the dock, her and I are standing on the dock while the two salesmen are helping to load the boat back on the trailer, I harassed her a little....

“Nice POKER FACE”!!!

She replied, “We just bought a boat, didn’t we???”!!!

So, without further ado, we would like to introduce:

POKER FACE!!! 😎

And to think this all became a reality due to wanting to find a company to make a one piece cover for our ‘99 Crownline 182BR we had bought in July!!!

Thankfully the cover company included a free boat!!! 😂

But boy is it an expensive cover!!! 😜

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who have helped along this journey!!! I’m sure we will have many more questions.

Planning on dropping the boat off Mon for the stereo upgrade.

For those interest, I weighed the boat this morning with a full tank of gas, trailer cover on,
and the bow/cockpit cover inside a rear seat. Only other addition to the boat is the fire extinguisher. I haven’t added any life jackets, the anchor, or anything else yet....

Total boat and galvanized tandem trailer weight is:

4500lbs, with a 460lb tw. I will weigh it again once the stereo and gear is in it.

I even modded the rock tamers for a custom look.

40A148BC-280C-4574-BBB3-50FA40F812CE.jpegB1FAD002-F5FA-4BE2-B352-72C6CE9D5D5A.jpegF01FF0DC-21DE-444E-BB90-E78FA6106C2D.jpeg

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
BE0B3561-713E-4727-B033-D18590B6A25D.jpeg

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
FDEC0808-CF94-403B-9A41-6049110D8ACC.jpeg60B8CF3E-6524-4FB0-A2C6-DF8D99047117.png8814B832-67A0-4118-8B35-C7E51C4997CD.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations. That is one great looking boat and that Chevy pulling it look like the perfect pair.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome boat and an AWESOMER Poker Face story to tell!
Thanks for sharing! Keep us all posted.

--

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Congratulations. That is one great looking boat and that Chevy pulling it look like the perfect pair.
TY!!!

Beautiful boat. Congrats. I’ve never seen Rock Tamers before. Do they make a big difference?
TY!!!

Regarding the rock tamers, this is the first time I have used them. Bought them about 3 weeks ago, just for the boat.

Do have a friend who has been running them when towing their 32’ Scarab. It seems that they help prevent rock chips. There are a few different styles available from different manufactures. Just search hitch mounted mud flaps.

Awesome boat and an AWESOMER Poker Face story to tell! Thanks for sharing! Keep us all posted. --
TY!!!

Now if the weather would break we could get out on the water!!!

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sharp boat. I have the exact same color truck in an HD duramax less the topper. I’m in MI also, where are you located?

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Sharp boat. I have the exact same color truck in an HD duramax less the topper. I’m in MI also, where are you located?
TY!!!

Just west of Flint, in Swartz Creek.

Next truck probably won’t have a topper. We no longer have a dog, which was a big factor. And IF an in-line snowmobile trailer has replaced the 12’ clamshell, we will have more trailer room for the totes when we go to the cabin up in Northern Ontario. We need to cross the lake by sled or boat to get to the cabin, so everything gets packed in totes (food, clothes, drinks, etc) for convenience and protection.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome looking boat! Congratulations!

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
TY!!!

Just west of Flint, in Swartz Creek.

Next truck probably won’t have a topper. We no longer have a dog, which was a big factor. And IF an in-line snowmobile trailer has replaced the 12’ clamshell, we will have more trailer room for the totes when we go to the cabin up in Northern Ontario. We need to cross the lake by sled or boat to get to the cabin, so everything gets packed in totes (food, clothes, drinks, etc) for convenience and protection.
I live just west of Grand Rapids. Enjoy the summer with your new boat.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Beautiful! Love the color. Congrats. Enjoy!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
TY to all!!!

A couple updates on our awesome 215 ID!!!

We have had some awesome trips this year. A handful of trips out to the local lake, and two trips so far up to Lake Charlevoix, Round Lk, and out onto Lk Michigan. One trip was for the Boyne Thunder Poker Run, as spectators. It was an incredible time watching the boats!!!

Another addition to the boat was a grill for when we are hanging at the sandbar. While not super cheap, the Float ‘N’ Grill is an great way to cook some dogs, brats, or burgers and not mess the boat up.

Since Scarab is no longer installing the colored inserts on the wake tower, my wife had me remove the panels. She then installed 731 vinyl, and so far it looks pretty sweet!!!

I also installed duragrid rubber tiles under the rear seats and inside the floor lockers. Still need to do under the front seats.

01DC9DDC-C464-4301-8A18-9DF6897584F0.jpeg231A660A-D2BF-4357-925D-A248316744C1.jpegAF624771-AF68-4C6F-A131-13643AC84AB7.jpegC3F78555-856E-497B-9D04-3084208F26B1.jpeg37901626-4627-498E-9C5F-1D749B0DB017.jpegB16E99A2-522E-4957-B2B6-EE891E0C74E3.jpeg

LM-Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Recognize the lakeside restaurant. How practical would it be to take a 21 ft from Charlevoix to Petoskey?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@LM-Jet It is an easy run, right around 19 miles. Once you see 3' footers in through there it is getting pretty rough. Make sure you are using Navionics, etc, it gets dicey in areas around the Petoskey Lighthouse and around the Petoskey Marina. Stay within a mile of shore if it is choppy and you will be fine. Make sure you have a solid VHF. I carry 2 Standard Horizon HX890. Primary and backup. Both Float.

A cool run is around mission point in TC. Havent done Torch yet but that is on the list. What I want to do is go from Charlevoix out to Beaver Island. About 25 miles. The same distance we do in LSC for a run across and down to the Detroit River. Waves are totally different and at times worse on LSC than Lake Michigan. I have been on the island 26 years ago but took a puddle jumper in and the Ferry back.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@LM-Jet It is an easy run, right around 19 miles. Once you see 3' footers in through there it is getting pretty rough. Make sure you are using Navionics, etc, it gets dicey in areas around the Petoskey Lighthouse and around the Petoskey Marina. Stay within a mile of shore if it is choppy and you will be fine. Make sure you have a solid VHF. I carry 2 Standard Horizon HX890. Primary and backup. Both Float.

A cool run is around mission point in TC. Havent done Torch yet but that is on the list. What I want to do is go from Charlevoix out to Beaver Island. About 25 miles. The same distance we do in LSC for a run across and down to the Detroit River. Waves are totally different and at times worse on LSC than Lake Michigan. I have been on the island 26 years ago but took a puddle jumper in and the Ferry back.
Torch is a must, just avoid holidays as it gets far too busy at the south end on the sand bar...we go at least 1-2 times each summer and the water is like no other for an inland lake. Weekends you can find the burger barge at the sand bar and get lunch on the water as well.

I honestly don't hit Lake Mich much with our boat unless it's relatively calm, if you do that 25 mile trip keep an eye on the weather and waves, it can be done if you get calm water.