• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth finder

Hollywood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
06 sx230 - depth finder has never worked since I got the boat , I just installed new gps / fish finder / depth finder so I don't need the oem anymore

Looking for ideas of something I can put in oem ones spot in the gauge cluster . Something the same size so I don't have to do any fab work .

Maybe a clock or something , anyone have any links handy to stuff the exact same size ?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
isn't it a circular display? maybe 3 inch? you could just google or go to west marine to see different types of gauges,

my suggestion would be a secondary bilge pump switch with a high water alarm, it's really useful you don't have to drill a space for it,

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I've seen some people put a battery meter in that spot.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put a voltage meter in mine.

Hollywood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hell yes , that's a great idea !!! Thanks

Hollywood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not home to measure , anyone know the size volt meter I need to order ?

Hollywood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Diff subject ....... I ordered 2 new anodes , the tall ones that mount to the sides of the jets, they came in but the bolts from the old ones aren't long enough for the new ones . The place I got them from said they are in fact the correct ones . Any ideas ? Longer bolts or should I send them back ?

Attachments

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I put my Elite dsi 5 in mine. I used a ram mount attached to a puck I created by drilling an extra piece of my UBB bunk board. I can post more pictures of my install if people are interested. It's posted on the other site and there is probably a link from my mods link in my signature.
Elite5dsi_RAMmount_final_front_water.jpg

Last edited:

Hollywood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I already have a garmin just like that mounted on the opposite side . But I like u did that , nice job

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I already have a garmin just like that mounted on the opposite side . But I like u did that , nice job
Thanks. It's been mounted there for 4 years now with no troubles. There is a quick disconnect on it so I can unmount it when the boat sits in the street. My old boat had a hummingbird piranamax and I actually liked it better. It was easier to see fish locations. This one requires you to read a gigantic manual to understand and use all the functions which I didn't really need and it is much slower to boot up and has some annoying menus you need to hit a button to dismiss in order to use it. The bottom detail is pretty cool as I've seen a couple of boats and other strange structures on the bottom.

Hollywood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm going out on mine tomorrow I'll send u a pic of where I mounted mine and see if I can post how easy it is to use in case yours goes out you may wanna look into this one . I think was $330 with shipping which is a great price compared to some out there.

Free N Easy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Diff subject ....... I ordered 2 new anodes , the tall ones that mount to the sides of the jets, they came in but the bolts from the old ones aren't long enough for the new ones . The place I got them from said they are in fact the correct ones . Any ideas ? Longer bolts or should I send them back ?

Free N Easy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I need to replace mine as well. Where did you order the anodes from?

Hollywood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamahapartshouse.com

And I ended up just getting longer SS bolts from Lowes