• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do you want to read a story?

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Hello fellow Sugar Sand Owners!
Since all we can do here now in the Winter Wonderland State is dream of and talk about boating, I’m wondering if there’s any interest in me posting a rather long entry (or series of entries) on my experience with buying a rather neglected 2004 Sugar Sand Mirage and fixing it up over the course of a year or so. This story came about as I compiled the weekly reports I sent to a friend into a single narrative that I titled “When Nice Boats Go Bad.” Fellow Sugar Sand owners (and jet boaters in general) might learn something, see something of interest, or at least find something mildly entertaining. So it’s up to you. Do you want to read a story?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
only if you have pictures....well, ok, even if you don't have pictures but pictures make it better, looking forward to reading and seeing it!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Do it! I know very little about them!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello fellow Sugar Sand Owners!
Since all we can do here now in the Winter Wonderland State is dream of and talk about boating, I’m wondering if there’s any interest in me posting a rather long entry (or series of entries) on my experience with buying a rather neglected 2004 Sugar Sand Mirage and fixing it up over the course of a year or so. This story came about as I compiled the weekly reports I sent to a friend into a single narrative that I titled “When Nice Boats Go Bad.” Fellow Sugar Sand owners (and jet boaters in general) might learn something, see something of interest, or at least find something mildly entertaining. So it’s up to you. Do you want to read a story?
YES!
Love rebuild threads, not enough of those here, too many new boats! lol

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let’s hear it!

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
only if you have pictures....well, ok, even if you don't have pictures but pictures make it better, looking forward to reading and seeing it!
Thanks for the encouragement, but most of all, thanks for the tip to includes pics. You are 100% correct - pics make a story better.

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Let’s hear it!
Hi Bruce! As an Admin, perhaps you can do us Sugar Sand owners a favor. When creating an account, my only choice was Sugar "Sands" and for 18 feet, my only choice was "Other." Ouch!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Bruce! As an Admin, perhaps you can do us Sugar Sand owners a favor. When creating an account, my only choice was Sugar "Sands" and for 18 feet, my only choice was "Other." Ouch!
@Julian, could you take a look at the mode options for Sugar Sand and remove that trailing s?

@Chuck Buck, thanks for letting us know. What model is your boat? We generally have added models as members joined and asked.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian, could you take a look at the mode options for Sugar Sand and remove that trailing s?

@Chuck Buck, thanks for letting us know. What model is your boat? We generally have added models as members joined and asked.
Removed the trailing S!

I also did some quick research and added a number of Sugar Sand model names: Tango, Calais, Mirage, Oasis