• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Downrigger install

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Agreed that the rod holders are not as strong as the down rigger wire or force that could be put on the rod holder.

It seemed to me like the terminator is made to fail and release the ball? I carry extra terminators and one extra 8# ball.

Is the lake trout fishing at Flaming gorge pretty good?
Agree. I grew up in Utah where we made a trip to Flaming Gorge several times a year. I lived in Southwest Colorado for a number of years and we tried to make it at least once a year. I now live in Porter, TX (Just north of Houston) We are planning a trip to the Gorge in July. Couple the Lake Trout fishing with the Kokanee fishing and it doesn't get much better.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Agree. I grew up in Utah where we made a trip to Flaming Gorge several times a year. I lived in Southwest Colorado for a number of years and we tried to make it at least once a year. I now live in Porter, TX (Just north of Houston) We are planning a trip to the Gorge in July. Couple the Lake Trout fishing with the Kokanee fishing and it doesn't get much better.
Right on… we were thinking of trying FG in addition to a LP trip in the future, its half the distance for us to travel to, one day on the road as opposed to two.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right on… we were thinking of trying FG in addition to a LP trip in the future, its half the distance for us to travel to, one day on the road as opposed to two.
We have a trip planned in July for a week at FG and a Housboat Rental for 7 days the end of August. When my boat is delivered I plan to try my hand at this different fishing in the lakes and the Gulf.