• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dry Tortugas first week in may?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like it is going to be just that

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m worn out but here we go. I went to the Marquesas little more than half way, it was awesome there and still windy so I staye. it was a Keys seaweed day, had to remove seaweed about 5 times on the way ther. Including once in the middle of Boca Grand channel, that was rough. Those gas cans? They covered the clean out ports, so hop in the water hang on the back and pull out the seaweed with my feet. And about 12 times on the way back. I went back to Islamarada so about 150 miles for the day, I went completely around the big island. I did run down to 2 percent and had 20 miles to go. So about 130 miles on a tank. An alarm goes off at 11 percent gas remaining.BCFED593-BAD5-4B45-93BA-273D3E9A11C1.jpeg68F897A8-F9A4-4961-9780-E3EC8A3BD603.jpeg

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m doing this from my phone but I can see the pictures are granulated I have to download the chip from the drone. I saw some dolphins on the way back. I’ll definitely be going the Marquesas key again and if the weathers good I don’t see any reason why I would not go to the dry Tortugas.
When you go to the Marquesas you can take the back way and the whole route is protected except for the jump across Boca grande channel.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any idea how many gallons you consume from key west to the marquesas and back?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I filled at Key West so 100 percent there.
at the Marquesas going in the Channel 72 percent so 9 gallons.
when I left there I was at 65%
When I went past Key West I-was at 49%

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome pics!!! Sucks about the seaweed. Seems those trips would be easier than the run to bimini. I'm surprised more people don't do key west runs as a group. I follow a ton of boating folks down in the keys and the water there in places just seems incredible.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right on sounds like a cool adventure!

Looks like you averaged 2.54 mpg.... pretty good for running at 30 mph in real world conditions. And that’s assuming the fuel gauge doesn’t include a small reserve when it shows empty. This is great info for the rest of us that own the same boat!

Well done! And thanks for posting about your trip!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Awesome pics!!! Sucks about the seaweed. Seems those trips would be easier than the run to bimini. I'm surprised more people don't do key west runs as a group. I follow a ton of boating folks down in the keys and the water there in places just seems incredible.
I would consider a group Tortugas trip.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lots of restriction in dry tortugas, you cant fish, limited docking, most vessel moor off-shore few hundred yards out. Bring your own food/water and extra gas to get back. I still think it's good for a day trip or one night stay.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lots of restriction in dry tortugas, you cant fish, limited docking, most vessel moor off-shore few hundred yards out. Bring your own food/water and extra gas to get back. I still think it's good for a day trip or one night stay.
I'm just saying Key West in general. The pics out of that place are amazing.