• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ear piercing notification beep

funbobby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anyone modify or eliminate the instrument cluster's notification sound? Mine is ridiculously loud and shrill. My dog goes apeshit when it goes off so I can't use any of the DSC modes when she's in the boat. Today the low fuel warning went off a few times which is even worse because its a long tone.

I haven't investigated under the helm yet, but I hope to find the speaker and quiet it down about 85%

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is an annunciator somewhere under the helm in the dash. Just put some tape on it. You are going to want the beeps.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The buzzer is on the back side of the gauge (round section with 1/2" opening hole).
You should have access from the helm storage area, just put a piece of tape on it to attenuate the sound.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Anyone modify or eliminate the instrument cluster's notification sound? Mine is ridiculously loud and shrill. My dog goes apeshit when it goes off so I can't use any of the DSC modes when she's in the boat. Today the low fuel warning went off a few times which is even worse because its a long tone.

I haven't investigated under the helm yet, but I hope to find the speaker and quiet it down about 85%
Funny... I have a Chaparral, but with the same/similar set up. And... I have a dog (2 actually) that freak out at the beeps. (same as when a smoke detector does its low battery beep) I generally only get the beeps when I go into Eco Mode, Docking Mode or something like that. So, I normally, just like you, avoid those modes on dog days. I will be looking under my dash for the little "speaker" next time out and try to muffle it somehow, with out damaging it.

funbobby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Funny... I have a Chaparral, but with the same/similar set up. And... I have a dog (2 actually) that freak out at the beeps. (same as when a smoke detector does its low battery beep) I generally only get the beeps when I go into Eco Mode, Docking Mode or something like that. So, I normally, just like you, avoid those modes on dog days. I will be looking under my dash for the little "speaker" next time out and try to muffle it somehow, with out damaging it.
I jammed some mounting/poster putty in and around the hole. Still audible, but not as traumatic for the dogs.

At the Sand Bar Again

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Bob, I rarely hear the beep. Like you, I do get the confirmation beep when entering cruise, Eco, docking, ski modes, but nothing else like when I would expect it. For example, "low fuel". I have had low fuel warnings, but it only flashes a yellow caution with no beeps.

The only other time it did beep, was when I set my low depth warning, but it was a pain every time going to the sand bar, so I decreased the depth so now it doesn't beep (but I also have no warning now).

When else do you hear it? I would have thought when you turn on the key or initially start the engines, it would give me a confirmation beep to confirm it is working.

What are others seeing?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Yeah it is just when selecting one of the modes ( ski, cruise, Eco, dock). Just 1 beep. Only takes 1 to freak out my dogs. Definitely not the end of the world. The dogs survive just fine. I never even looked for the "speaker" to quiet it after all.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are you on the same plant as the rest of us???
Sorry, but not sure what you mean?

Are you familiar with the fix @Mainah made to eliminate the ear piercing and long beep on the Yamahas? It isn't model specific and would absolutely work on a scarab - unless scarab somehow integrated their speaker somewhere you couldn't intercept the signal.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Julian I didn't see anywhere in this thread the "Yamaha" fix under a Scarab Forum until after I made my comment. That's what I was referring too.. Maybe you need to buy a Scarab..;)

funbobby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Did I mention I already fixed this incredibly easily quite some time ago? lol Maybe I'll post some pics...

I jammed some mounting/poster putty in and around the hole. Still audible, but not as traumatic for the dogs.

Janguh Lang

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Any know how to set the depth alarm?