• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine blower fan n horn not working

Vincent Pacilio

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Prepping boat for season: checking all electronic . The engine blower fan( switch does not light up) n horn not working. Is there a common fuse for these 2 switches. If anyone know the location n amp for this fuse. Thanks

Prepping boat for season: checking all electronic . The engine blower fan( switch does not light up) n horn not working. Is there a common fuse for these 2 switches. If anyone know the location n amp for this fuse. Thanks
Not sure on your boat but mine is on the rear bulkhead beside the battery switch.

2013 242 limited. I will
Check their

Also not only is the blower fan switch not lighting up but the fan is not working. Both fan n horn are not working. Looking for location of blower fan n horn fuse? Reviewed pdf down load manual but did not have fuse diagram .

I couldnt tell you where your fuses are but I will say in my experience when blower fuses blow the blower motor bearing is stuck. Sometimes you can reach inside and free it up. If you try to free it and it is stuck you will need a new one.

Good luck! Do you have a multimeter??

Do you if the horn is on the same circuit. Cause that is not working either. All other switches work n light up. Yes I do have a multimeter. Is the blower fan accessible in the engine bay

Hopefully someone with knowledge of you make/model chimes in, but in most cases the blower and horn each have their own circuits and circuit protection in my experience. Blower is likely white with 3 or 4 inch black hose leading from it to an outside vent. Sometimes theres hose on both side if the blower. If there is you will need to clip a zip tie to access the blower motor to see if it free spins. .

I would bust out my meter and see if you are getting voltage to the horn switch and if voltage is good on the other side of the switch when switch is closed(pressing horn button both poles should have 12v).

@Vincent Pacilio did you find any local fuse near the battery or battery switch?

both fans work : i removed them and hook directly to 12 volts.

both fans work : i removed them and hook directly to 12 volts.
By going direct to a 12 v source you proved your fans work but you should not bypass the fuse permanently as that could cause a fire.

finally hunted down blower fan problem. all good

what was the problem? Mine just started doing the same thing on the water the other day, trying to figure out a solution... no the blower will run for a little then stop working

Check that fans work bypass the
Switch.?
Next check under helm to see if inline fuses came loose. ?
Finally n this was my problem: there is a 4 prong connector that runs to the switch unplug it . My positive connector was seated in the jacket well. I pushed it in n it worked.

Thank you! yeah mine was a loose connection as well, took apart the dash and unplugged all the connectors and reattached, seems to have fixed the problem for now...

Check that fans work bypass the
Switch.?
Next check under helm to see if inline fuses came loose. ?
Finally n this was my problem: there is a 4 prong connector that runs to the switch unplug it . My positive connector was seated in the jacket well. I pushed it in n it worked.
Did you ever figure out your horn issue? I'm trying to chase down an issue with mine too. I have an '09 232 Limited S and the horn does not work. Switch will not light up at all. Circuit breaker isn't popped either. Can't seem to find a fuse diagram for this boat anywhere and I checked the 2 fuses I found next to the Batt switches.

Did you ever figure out your horn issue? I'm trying to chase down an issue with mine too. I have an '09 232 Limited S and the horn does not work. Switch will not light up at all. Circuit breaker isn't popped either. Can't seem to find a fuse diagram for this boat anywhere and I checked the 2 fuses I found next to the Batt switches.
There is no fuse for it. The horns on our boats are not the greatest. I had the same issue. I would recommend taking the horn out of the boat, bench test it and more than likely replace it.

Back