• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engines not starting after battery change @help

twentiesforever

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
[USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP]

Noticed battery died after leaving pump on for days. Recharged it and plugged back in but engines won't turn over. All accessories work. Engine kill switches are fine.

Check your fuses in the ecu's behind the motors in a black box. One part of the box has a round cap to screw off. There are fuses in there for the starter.

Make sure you connected all of the wires at the battery. It's easy to lose one in the change out.

Throttles are on Neutral?

Clean out hatch closed?

Maybe your battery is toast from draining the whole way. Has enough charge for accessories somewhat but not enough to turn over the engines.

Glad you got it figured out.

5 helpful responses in 10 minutes. "Fixed" reported in 16 minutes.

Brilliant!

Love jetboaters.net and its helpful people. :winkingthumbsup"

The forum strikes again. #1 reason to own a Yamaha.......seriously.

It gets me thinking. We have talked about how this forum only represents a very small percentage of Yamaha owners (I think we said somewhere between 5-10%). Imagine the number of owners who have their boat sitting at the dealer for weeks during a short summer season to get something fixed that the forum could resolve in minutes at little or no cost. While I get that many people are not into DIY and money isn't an issue, the PITA of bringing the boat to the shop and being boatless while the precious summer passes by should be incentive to anyone.

It gets me thinking. We have talked about how this forum only represents a very small percentage of Yamaha owners (I think we said somewhere between 5-10%). Imagine the number of owners who have their boat sitting at the dealer for weeks during a short summer season to get something fixed that the forum could resolve in minutes at little or no cost. While I get that many people are not into DIY and money isn't an issue, the PITA of bringing the boat to the shop and being boatless while the precious summer passes by should be incentive to anyone.
100% agree, except the Yamaha owners part. Should read jet boat owners. One big happy family/group :winkingthumbsup"

This is exactly why I purchased a Yamaha. Outside of the jet boat benefits and Yamaha reliability, I purchased because of you all. I know I can count on an amazing group of experienced owners and boaters for help. Thanks again gentlemen.

Many times I've wanted to follow someone towing a YJB just to ask them if they know about the forum. I don't want to seem like a crazy stalker though. I have told people at the gas station that I've seen though. I need to put the stack of cards I have in my truck so I can hand it off. We need a "referral" system so I get credit...LOL

@Big Shasta That is why I have a stock of Jetboaters.net footballs, Koozies and stickers handy (need to reorder the latter 2). While I was at the ramp with Yamaha Corporate in GA there was a guy putting in his 192....I interrupted our discussion and ran over to him with a koozie! So be sure to get your SWAG!

@Big Shasta That is why I have a stock of Jetboaters.net footballs, Koozies and stickers handy (need to reorder the latter 2). While I was at the ramp with Yamaha Corporate in GA there was a guy putting in his 192....I interrupted our discussion and ran over to him with a koozie! So be sure to get your SWAG!
I always kept the koozies and footballs in the boat. I gave the new owner about half of them. I still have a stockpile, I'll give away the cards but not the koozies...LOL

Back