1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Gantlin Products, the creator of the WAKE WEDGE is currently running a Group Buy for those of you that want a better, cleaner wake to surf behind your Jetboat! This Group Buy expires on Tax Day- April 15th, so get your order in ASAP to jump on this once a year discount on the Wake Wedge. The discount could go as high as $120 off!

(You can click the X in the upper right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice

Fair price for used 2017 242 Limted S E-series?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waternutt, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:00 PM.

1. waternutt

waternutt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
    During my daily scouring of Craigslist, I came across a lightly used 2017 Limited S E-series. 20 hrs. Break in maintenance and inspection done. Includes a lot of watersports gear, ski vests, ropes, etc.

I am interested in this boat. Still practically brand new so I would assume not too many concerns. Anything else I should look for? Warranty?

Also, NADA does not list a value for this boat since it is the current model year. Any suggestions on a fair price?

2. robert843

robert843 Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,387 / 12
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Several members have reported picking up left over 2016 models brand new in the 55k-58k range out the door. So I would say fair would be $50k but fair is in the eyes of the beholder lol. I know I just saw a low hour 2016 limited e series sell for $50K on ebay last week one of the forum members here bought it.

3. waternutt

waternutt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
    Copy. How much would you say for a used 2017? High 50s?

4. robert843

robert843 Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,387 / 12
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I
    wouldn't pay anymore then I could get a new left over 16 for so I would say 55k-58k would probably be my cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Julian

Julian Jetboaters Fleet Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,139 / 51
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    This FAQ should be of help: Dealer Invoice Info, go to the Marine section and you'll find Yamaha 2016 info....better than nothing until they get their hands on 2017 data.

This FAQ thread will show you the price difference between all the model years....so you can calculate the delta between '16 and '17

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. NewBoater

NewBoater Active Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 3
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Mid to upper 50's I would think lightly used but I'm no expert :)

Any more than that and you could go get a brand new one for the same price with 0 hours

7. newbote

newbote New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
    It really depends - I bet since it is spring the best you will get it for is upper 50's or 10% off new price.

8. NewBoater

NewBoater Active Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 3
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Depends how desperate someone is also. Some people are more motivated to sell than others.