• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FB Groups ?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How many darn Facebook groups are there?

I believe I have now joined 4 different Yamaha jetboat groups (not location specific). Is there any reason to actually monitor all of these? They all appear as though they are an extension of the forum for the most part.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would say that there is no unique knowledge or information in the Facebook groups. There are a set of Facebook users that do not participate here. Facebook content is temporary passing through a news feed often never to be seen again. Searching is available on Facebook but it is quite limited. I see Facebook as a recruitment tool.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok good. So I haven’t been missing anything by not really using FB. Lol

I prefer the forum format anyway. Especially the new version that’s a little more mobile friendly.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm on at least three of them. Occasionally an interesting (but fleeting) thread, but usually just typical FB crap over and over again.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sometimes you see really clever stuff on FB that hasn't made its way here yet

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am amazed at how many users are in those groups, but not members here. They ask questions that are commonly asked and answered here.

What gets me are the ones that cross post to all four groups, in hopes of a quicker answer. And honestly, those that use facebook, see those quicker.

I do think that the members here should go out of their way to concentrate on one and let the others die. But who decides?

And we thought the troll posts grew fast here, on facebook, they get stupid ultra fast. The lack of respect is crazy as the keyboard jockeys start responding instantly. But anyone posting questions about boat value, oil brand, fuel type, tow vehicle etc is just trolling for idiots anyway. They deserve the smart a$$ comments to begin with.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Recently Facebook taught me that the blowers should always be on while the engines are running. Otherwise your engine(s) will overheat. Or perhaps that was just a Facebooker with mechanical problems. Regardless it was a fun conversation.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Without getting into an off topic discussion, that was poor advice, as the blowers are for fumes and fresh air to the engine. These motors use lake water for cooling.

I did find in my previous boat, that it ran much better with the blower on as the cool fresh air allowed the motor to literally breath. But it's a common misconception as they feel the warm air come out from behind the swimdeck seats. But it's far from hot.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, that whole "turn on the blower to solve your overheat problem" was/is a lark! Kinda like says to the person with a UTI...take Tylenol...you'll feel better! WOW....

I try and post links to the threads (here) with the answers they seek. The FB groups will never go away. Those that are interested in working on their boats will find their way here. Those that are interested in a quick fix will hang out of social media. As Bruce says....try finding something old on one of those groups....yikes! (anyone notice the new forum search function works MUCH MUCH BETTER!)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have been active on the Facebook groups and quoting links to threads on here. I’m guessing I will be banned in no time.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lol, I didn’t join that group. :)

Of the 4 I did join, I think the likelihood of banning is pretty minimal.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you link threads to this forum on the Yamaha Jetboaters FB you'll find your post removed and receive a DM from the admin informing you such posts are not permitted. There's a complicated history between the two forums as many of you know.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you link threads to this forum on the Yamaha Jetboaters FB you'll find your post removed and receive a DM from the admin informing you such posts are not permitted. There's a complicated history between the two forums as many of you know.
can you elaborate for us younglings?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh, I'm well aware of what that as I have yet to be banned on that Yamaha site. I've been watching my actions over there so that I'm not grouped up with the rest of you Hooligans. (Smile)

But then again, there is very little activity over there anyway. If you click on recent posts, there may be all of a handful daily for the entire site.

I just feel compelled to point people to this site on those facebook groups, as they all ask such basic questions that could easily be found here in a FAQ or with a quick search. The info has not changed. And without sounding like a Smart A$$, some folks post such flat out bad info, it's horrible.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
can you elaborate for us younglings?
Yamaha Jetboaters, (forgive me for speaking those words) as the story is told, is a ruled by a cruel dictator. Whose rampant censorship and senseless banning lead to mass dissension.

Inspired former members joined together to create a harmonious new gathering place. A place where all jet boaters, prospective jet boaters, and former jet boaters could gather together in freedom [flag] and without fear.
ElaborateWelltodoFinnishspitz-size_restricted.gif
However, the lonely dictator sits behind his dimly lit screen to this day, broken, bitter, and lusting for his former glory.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@J-RAD . Dude. Thanks for the chuckles.

Let it be known.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is that the "official" forum?

The only FB groups that are probably worth it are any local boating forums.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The one associated with this forum is Jet boaters (a.k.a. JetBoaters. net)
Screenshot_20190320-082507_Facebook.jpg
The one associated with the aforementioned disgruntled form is
Screenshot_20190320-082354_Facebook.jpg

The others...?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sometimes you see really clever stuff on FB that hasn't made its way here yet

Aloha is that from FB or your boat? I would really like to set up mines with that same unit. It’s a Simrad GO7 I think right? That’s so clean, please lmk.

Mahalo,
Rueben