• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fender size for my 24'

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just ordered four 8.5" x 26" feders, it says they are good for 25-30 foot boats

looking at them they look HUGE

maybe I should have purchased the 6.5" x 22"

opinions?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Fairly sure my fenders are 6.5x22. Nothing wrong with having big fenders....its where you put them that challenges most people. Mine fit in the wet storage on the swim deck (4 of them creatively stuffed there).

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered 8.5 X 27 black fenders. They are big but it will keep the other boat away from mine. I have a 2017 ar240 I haven't really tried putting them in any underseat compartments for storage or the head unit. Right now they are in the floor storage.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine 4 fit great on the wall of the porty room/storage next to the hull

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We got 6.5"x 23" fenders for our 24' - don't see why the bigger size would be bad in the least. More peace of mind for you!

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The great thing I like about the 24' lines is the storage space. I have batteries and equipment taking up the back bench seats and inside the helm. But even with that, I have all of the Porta space and both bow spaces for storage. Also have the 2 aft storage spaces. Even with a full load of people, there are always plenty of space to put things. Haven't even ventured inside the ski locker yet lol.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We went smaller and ended up buying the larger ones. You will be glad to have them.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
that's one of the issues Julian, these are HUGE fenders lol, they will take up a lot of space.

I am going to order four 6.5 x 22 and

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
sounds like we have a few that don't mind the larger fenders. It will protect better, and I guess that is what they are for, I guess I'll keep the large ones.

They weren't cheap though, price was around $250 for 4 and some line....

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look at the link I posted. 4 big ones for $59.99 at amazon. They fit perfectly next to each other on the wall of the porta potty room. But I do understand others use that room for other purposes.

tmahar146

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depends on what you're using them for. Just docking in a protected slip? Tieing up to boats with lots of wake? Like the posters mentioned above, we have lots of storage. A couple of big ones along with a couple of medium ones gives you options. And options are always good:)