• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First jet boat

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
After over a year of researching, I sold my 2016 Tige to get into a 2022 Scarab 255 ID. Twin 300’s, wake surf package .
This site was great for information I needed to do that and now I’m really soaking up some great info provided on here .
Spring time here in the Midwest can’t get here soon enough.

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I hope you aren't a wake surfing addict.....jet boats are not optimal for wake surfing. Yes you CAN wake surf behind them, but a dedicated surf boat like a Tige/Centurion etc will always throw a far better wake than a jet boat ever will.

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I hope you aren't a wake surfing addict.....jet boats are not optimal for wake surfing. Yes you CAN wake surf behind them, but a dedicated surf boat like a Tige/Centurion etc will always throw a far better wake than a jet boat ever will.
We are aware of that . We were able to surf behind a jet boat on the river as a guest , not nearly as good as my Tige but we were able to still surf. I think since we were already had 4-5 years experience that helped . As opposed to learning new. Our needs and wants have changed , this is like the do all kind of boat for us . We can still play , faster ,larger boat for more water options, a head. Thanks for the reply on it though .

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We are aware of that . We were able to surf behind a jet boat on the river as a guest , not nearly as good as my Tige but we were able to still surf. I think since we were already had 4-5 years experience that helped . As opposed to learning new. Our needs and wants have changed , this is like the do all kind of boat for us . We can still play , faster ,larger boat for more water options, a head. Thanks for the reply on it though .
Yes....that is the beauty of a jet boat....jack of all trades at a lower price point (or it was a lower price point....that gap is shrinking quickly)

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I sold my 2016 Tige to get into a 2022 Scarab 255 ID.
:Welcome:
Congrats on your new boat...can't wait for spring here too, it's like a blizzard outside right now...ugh.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
After over a year of researching, I sold my 2016 Tige to get into a 2022 Scarab 255 ID. Twin 300’s, wake surf package .
This site was great for information I needed to do that and now I’m really soaking up some great info provided on here .
Spring time here in the Midwest can’t get here soon enough.
Boat looks awesome, where are you located?

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat...can't wait for spring here too, it's like a blizzard outside right now...ugh.
Where are you located? I’m in the burbs of Chicago ,
Boat looks awesome, where are you located?
I am located in Plainfield, Illinois

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

You should consider coming to Shelbyville this year. If you ever come up to WI let me know, I could show you around as well.

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
You should consider coming to Shelbyville this year. If you ever come up to WI let me know, I could show you around as well.
I did see something about Shelbyville on here, definitely interested in that. Wisconsin would be a nice weekend trip as well. What lake? Thanks.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I did see something about Shelbyville on here, definitely interested in that. Wisconsin would be a nice weekend trip as well. What lake? Thanks.
Basically anywhere you want to go. We generally go to Lake Wisconsin which is part of the Wisconsin River. We go all over, including the Mississippi so if you have interest in going some place specific let me know.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome sir, I am down the road from you in Fishers, IN. Nice boat

zcrazybunch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Welcome! We were at the Milwaukee Boat Show recently and shot some footage of the wake surf stream tabs on the 255 (which looks to be identical to the one pictured above) because we had never scene them in person and wanted some idea of how they worked and functioned. We love our 2019 Scarab 215 WAKE Edition but ours did not have the surf stream tabs (Wake Blast option) - so we are working with our products to create a better surfing wake. Enjoy!!!

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Welcome! We were at the Milwaukee Boat Show recently and shot some footage of the wake surf stream tabs on the 255 (which looks to be identical to the one pictured above) because we had never scene them in person and wanted some idea of how they worked and functioned. We love our 2019 Scarab 215 WAKE Edition but ours did not have the surf stream tabs (Wake Blast option) - so we are working with our products to create a better surfing wake. Enjoy!!!
I just saw that video on YouTube yesterday while I was doing some research . That’s the exact boat I bought at the boat show , same salesman that I bought my 2016 Tige from at the Chicago boat show. Looking forward to try these out in another few months.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Wow. We're in the mid seventies in the CA Delta area. Might have to get wet this weekend.

zcrazybunch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I just saw that video on YouTube yesterday while I was doing some research . That’s the exact boat I bought at the boat show , same salesman that I bought my 2016 Tige from at the Chicago boat show. Looking forward to try these out in another few months.
Beautiful boat!!! The ice can't come off the lake fast enough. Last year we had the boat on the water in late April and my son wakeboarding behind the it on May 5th (probably the earliest we have been on the water). Please keep us posted on how the Surf Stream Tabs work and perform as I'm curious how much of a benefit they provide. Enjoy!!!

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Welcome to the Jet Boat life! Nice ride. I saw the reference to "the River," and then saw your location. Our Yamaha sleeps in South Naperville, off of 59 and 111th (Hassert) We have to be neighbors as far as the boating world is concerned. If we ever see you putting in at Morris, well stop to say hi.

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Welcome to the Jet Boat life! Nice ride. I saw the reference to "the River," and then saw your location. Our Yamaha sleeps in South Naperville, off of 59 and 111th (Hassert) We have to be neighbors as far as the boating world is concerned. If we ever see you putting in at Morris, well stop to say hi.
Thanks. Im just south of you . I’ve probably talked to you out there as I was researching jet boats over the last 2 yrs. We are on the river almost every weekend launching at the boat club, across from the public launch .

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks. Im just south of you . I’ve probably talked to you out there as I was researching jet boats over the last 2 yrs. We are on the river almost every weekend launching at the boat club, across from the public launch .
I bet we have. I do like "talking up" the Yamaha to anyone that will listen! :p

I am next in line for a slip in Ottawa, Heritage Harbor. I think we are moving down river to keep the boat wet all summer. Not sure it will be worth the spend, but going to try it this year. We are hoping the convenience of not having to launch and load each time will be a better experience. (Let's be honest, I am paying for a slip to keep my wife from completely hating boating!! Who doesn't like driving a truck, showing off your backing-up skills, and spending a few minutes drying the shinny haul of your new boat)