• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishing rod/reel holder

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is what I made that attaches to rear table leg to hold fishing poles.New Image.JPG

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well now that's pretty cool...

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why thanks Lee! I even put two cup holders on it too. Works pretty well too. I can't (yet) tell you how it holds up when a 10 pound bass takes a bite of bait though....

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hate to say it but I'm imagining it with fewer rod holders and more cup holders...and plate holders...and maybe a flat panel mount for the occasional sporting event viewed from a floating lounge chair...

In all seriousness, though, very nice. I love how creative everyone here is with things like that, and more importantly the willingness to share it! It does gots me thinkin' though... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now that would be a mod!!!! Get to crackin' and post up your pics when you are done with that mod!!

These are just some things that I did. I got this idea from someone else, but made it myself. There are WAY more creative people out there than I am.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like the idea of the fishing rod holders, I happened to be at the local auction a few months ago and there was a plastic Bar Table for sale that just happened to be the same color as my Boat so it gave me an idea and i managed to get it for a few pennies, I got home and threw away the long upright stand and cast iron feet that was connected to it and after a few drawings during the evening went to work on it the following morning, Welded a stainless ring together and incorporated a couple of small stainless rings to accommodate cup holders made a few upright stainless pillars and fixed the small rear table pole that came with the boat to it and job done, It swivels around and also folds up to allow easy access when boarding onto the swim platform or on the move, Total cost a mornings work and about $10, Now you have me thinking again as if i haven't got enough to do, Good Luck

Last edited:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's cool @farrelltravis ! I am wanting to start fishing some off my boat. What did you make it out of? I've seen some guys install the rod holders in the back platform along the edge, but I do not want to drill a hole that size in my boat.

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Late post I know, but check out http://mateseries.com/ I got the plastic ones and chrome covers so the cost was resonable. I put them in the swim platform cup holders. They look great and work great as a rod holder and cup holder.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
wanted some multi purpose holder (rod and cup) on the stern for trolling or simply holding rods while sitting on the stern.
Went with Mateseries as they met the need, and looked good.

Attachments

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great!

jaldmd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Glen did you go with the open or closed holders?

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Open as it drains into the wet locker, which drains externally (not into bilge)

For how most of us use/store our boats (fair weather/covered) draining into bilge is not likely a big deal, though

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got it from and RV parts supplier. An RV table that has a post mount uses the same mount for my 230 series' table legs.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
I'm a little late to the thread. I do like the center mounted rod holder. I installed two 30 degree holders on the sides. Mounting at an angle on an angle allowed the rods to point out the back. IMG_2661.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I do not want to drill a hole that size in my boat.
Once you drill your first one....it gets much easier...but there sure is a serious pucker factor when it comes to drilling the first big hole!!!

I put these rod holders in (links to all the details are in the 242X link in my signature)....I might switch to one that doubles as a cup holder if they made them with covers?

20170903_161813_resized.jpg 20170903_161819_resized.jpg

This was the closest shot I had to one in use with a rod in it!
IMG_0665.JPG

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
West marine stainless clamp style. Makes me want to go back to Bimini.

26D16D94-9700-4351-9FAD-17FAFD9A0B8C.jpeg

Crem8r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
wanted some multi purpose holder (rod and cup) on the stern for trolling or simply holding rods while sitting on the stern.
Went with Mateseries as they met the need, and looked good.
Glen did they build them or were they premade and where can I get them
Thanks Ron