• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flush connector... I need one

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me where I can get the connector for running the engine on the hose.. 01 LS2000. Thanks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a new one from the dealership for about $2.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Magic , do the black ends just get inserted in the flush out port??? There are threaded caps on them. I was assuming there was a fitting i needed to thread on there. So the threads are just for the caps?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Black end locks into the flush port and the white end attaches to your garden hose. And don't forget the order of :
1) Start engine
2) Turn on water
3) Turn off water
4) Stop engine

To avoid the slight risk of water backing up into your engines through your exhaust.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Black end locks into the flush port and the white end attaches to your garden hose. And don't forget the order of :
1) Start engine
2) Turn on water
3) Turn off water
4) Stop engine

To avoid the slight risk of water backing up into your engines through your exhaust.
Thanks @Julian, the black end was throwing me off, I was expecting a fitting that threaded onto the port, I checked YSP. They have them. $17.50. Thanks again..

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Magic , do the black ends just get inserted in the flush out port??? There are threaded caps on them. I was assuming there was a fitting i needed to thread on there. So the threads are just for the caps?
On your boat, unscrew cap (it is a cover), as @Julian mentioned the black barbed end goes into the boat fitting, and the female thread end goes on the hose. To make things easier for flushing, I put a ball valve between the hose and flush rig. This way I can turn off the water without jumping out of the boat.Ball Valve, hose.jpg

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
On your boat, unscrew cap (it is a cover), as @Julian mentioned the black barbed end goes into the boat fitting, and the female thread end goes on the hose. To make things easier for flushing, I put a ball valve between the hose and flush rig. This way I can turn off the water without jumping out of the boat.View attachment 3880
Thank you @andy07sx230ho , I was thinking of just that!!!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If @Wayloncle 's dealer sold him one for $2, you might want to check with yours first too! Ya never know! And good reminder @andy07sx230ho putting a valve at the end of the hose makes it MUCH easier...as you have to be in the boat to start it, or have a ladder or long arms!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Just ordered $18.45 free shipping. eBay ..,, thanks guys

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered $18.45 free shipping. eBay ..,, thanks guys
Good deal! Mine was like $24 many years ago.....

Happy to help, and glad you found it so fast!

There is a thread somewhere on YJB about a feeder that will allow the introduction of Salt-Away into the cooling water stream.... Their new product includes a valve to allow this to happen.... Highly recommended if you boat in salt or brackish water..... I am thinking it may incorporate a shutoff valve as well... Does anybody know for sure?

http://www.boatersland.com/crcsx32m.html?gclid=CKH-55DF1r0CFVKFfgodyIEAvg

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha dealer in Panama City.
It was just the adapter, didn't come with a hose but I don't need a foot of hose when I'm hooking to a 50' hose anyway.

I have a Y adapter with shutoffs on both outlets, I attached about 4' of hose to each outlet with the adapters on the ends. I just attach the inlet to a water hose that way I don't have to shut the water off then switch it to the other engine and all that. I don't know if it has enough flow to do both engines at the same time, the hose at the marina where I flush my boat probably does, but I don't know how to tell if it is getting enough water or not...other than watching the engine temp...or I guess I could rev it up some and see if water is coming out the pee holes.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got a new one from the dealership for about $2.
When I asked the same question a while back, I got this answer and that's exactly where I got mine.