• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

From Lurker to Owner

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys & gals,

I'm happy to report that after 2-3 months of lurking and looking for my first Yamaha jet boat, I am officially an AR240 owner. I grew up boating with a number of smaller open bow runabouts (including a 14ft Sugar Sand Mirage) and for the last 5 years have owned a Rinker Captiva 232 that was a great boat...However, I've always drooled over the Yamaha's at the lake and wanted to get in one to hang on the more shallow inland lakes here in central Ohio. I've taken in a lot of great info, can tell this is a great group of boaters, and had the wife and our friends sign a proverbial blood pact for Bimini 2021. Happy to officially join the other Jet Boat captains, hopefully I can offer some help or info in the future.

Cheers!

-Matt

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey guys & gals,

I'm happy to report that after 2-3 months of lurking and looking for my first Yamaha jet boat, I am officially an AR240 owner. I grew up boating with a number of smaller open bow runabouts (including a 14ft Sugar Sand Mirage) and for the last 5 years have owned a Rinker Captiva 232 that was a great boat...However, I've always drooled over the Yamaha's at the lake and wanted to get in one to hang on the more shallow inland lakes here in central Ohio. I've taken in a lot of great info, can tell this is a great group of boaters, and had the wife and our friends sign a proverbial blood pact for Bimini 2021. Happy to officially join the other Jet Boat captains, hopefully I can offer some help or info in the future.

Cheers!

-Matt

View attachment 91649View attachment 91648
That's my greeting to all new comers. I mean, my boat's name is "JET-I MASTER".

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love my 240. Congratulations, she's a beauty!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful vessel ( I think we have the same year , model , and color) ! Are you planning to join the thousands of other Ohio Navy members that make the journey to Lake Cumberland ? If so welcome and hope we don't get our boats mixed up when we run into each other . Congrats !

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Let me rephrase that last sentence please. " When we safely pass each other on the water".

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome.. you will not regret going propless.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys & gals,

Cheers!

-Matt

View attachment 91649View attachment 91648
Congrats. I really like that color.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
DA239D96-AE74-4296-A6E2-D7D56ABBA2E5.jpeg

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me rephrase that last sentence please. " When we safely pass each other on the water".
Haha! Good call on that one :cool:. Don't have any trips planned to cumberland, but we are heading to Dale Hollow in about a month and Norris Lake in July.....may need to get Cumberland on the books...Are you a weekend cumberland warrior?

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I keep the boat down there in a covered wet slip (plus lift) at State Dock / Jamestown because I would not be a boat owner if I had the hassle of towing and not wanting to purchase a tow vehicle !! But yes, down there at least every other weekend from April thru October.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Love that boat/color - so much that I have an SX240 in the same color and yeah, it does get attention! (Always chuckle when I remember my neighbor's reaction when he first saw it: "Dang! You got yourself one big-ass boat!" And then he started 'negotiating' with his wife.)