• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

FSH 210 Fuel Fill Hose Removal from the Tank

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone removed the fuel fill hose from the tank on there FSH 210? The 2 fuel clamps are both facing upwards to the under side of the deck so I cant get a screw driver on them. I tried a socket and ratchet but still not enough clearance either. I was thinking maybe a ratchet wrench if I can find one small enough?

I lost the plastic tip pipe to one of my VP Racing gas cans down the fill hose. From what I can tell with my endoscope camera its stuck at the elbow into the tank. Luckily it not effecting filling the tank, its been in there for 6 months so far but at some point would like to get it out. Anyone have any ideas?

Has anyone removed the fuel fill hose from the tank on there FSH 210? The 2 fuel clamps are both facing upwards to the under side of the deck so I cant get a screw driver on them. I tried a socket and ratchet but still not enough clearance either. I was thinking maybe a ratchet wrench if I can find one small enough?

I lost the plastic tip pipe to one of my VP Racing gas cans down the fill hose. From what I can tell with my endoscope camera its stuck at the elbow into the tank. Luckily it not effecting filling the tank, its been in there for 6 months so far but at some point would like to get it out. Anyone have any ideas?
Try an electrical fish tape open the hooked end just slightly.

Try an electrical fish tape open the hooked end just slightly.
Tried that already, no luck. Thinking maybe shop vac hose connected to a 3/4" hose and feeding that down 💥

You can buy ratchet wrenches A la carte at numerous places, AutoZone, harbor freight, Lowes. ect.. What size is that one 5/16"? . That may be the best bet to loosen the clamps until you can turn it around and get a socket on it.

Tried that already, no luck. Thinking maybe shop vac hose connected to a 3/4" hose and feeding that down 💥
How about instead of sucking it out, can you create a seal around the vent and used some compressed air to blow it out? Or siphon the gas out and hope it comes with it?

Did it make it past the flapper valve?

I think the easy solution would be to cut the hose clamps off with a dremel tool, complete your fishing expedition and install new clamps.

I hope that those responsible for installing things such as these clamps before the top cap was glued in place get to spend eternity working on such things. I’ve dealt with quite things like this that if we’re not for my monkey arms, persevering nature and maximum boat yoga I would have not been able to get the job done.

Introducing air aka oxygen into the tank is a bad idea, very bad. If you could use an inert gas like CO2 or N2 that would be okay. Monkeying around in there with anything that could also end up in there is a bit risky. About the only thing I can think of is one of those four fingered grabber thingies that works by pushing down on a plunger might work but you’d need a really long one.

Last edited:
Did it make it past the flapper valve?

I think the easy solution would be to cut the hose clamps off with a dremel tool, complete your fishing expedition and install new clamps.

I hope that those responsible for installing things such as these clamps before the top cap was glued in place get to spend eternity working on such things. I’ve dealt with quite things like this that if we’re not for my monkey arms, persevering nature and maximum boat yoga I would have not been able to get the job done.

Introducing air aka oxygen into the tank is a bad idea, very bad. If you could use an inert gas like CO2 or N2 that would be okay. Monkeying around in there with anything that could also end up in there is a bit risky. About the only thing I can think of is one of those four fingered grabber thingies that works by pushing down on a plunger might work but you’d need a really long one.
Honestly I dont think mine has the flapper valve? Unless its inside the hose and not a clamp on thing. The hose is just 1 solid piece all the way to the tank. Good Idea to cut the clamps, I did not think of that.

Honestly I dont think mine has the flapper valve? Unless its inside the hose and not a clamp on thing. The hose is just 1 solid piece all the way to the tank. Good Idea to cut the clamps, I did not think of that.
If it was there you would have seen it with the camera… from what I’ve read theyre usually right in front of the tank.

Are you able to fill your gas tank at full flow at the pump ?

Link to the picture.

9DB4B063-FB71-4AD2-B359-FBA118113BE7.png
Is there access to the top of the fuel tank?

Last edited:
If it was there you would have seen it with the camera… from what I’ve read theyre usually right in front of the tank.

Are you able to fill your gas tank at full flow at the pump ?
Yep, no issues filling at the pump

Link to the picture.

View attachment 224687
Is there access to the top of the fuel tank?
Per the parts diagram there is no flapper valve. The tank access cover is only large enough to access the sender and fuel pumps. The inlet hose connects about 6 inches from the access on the port side under the deck.

Per the parts diagram there is no flapper valve. The tank access cover is only large enough to access the sender and fuel pumps. The inlet hose connects about 6 inches from the access on the port side under the deck.

I know @Can0n11 had the flapper valve get sideways in the fuel fill hose and cause major problems filling the tank and I don’t believe the flapper valve was shown on the parts diagram for his FSH 190.

Back