• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 Livewell Access

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Actually I may get a 12v motorized ball valve to open and close the drain valve. That way once its installed it can be opened and closed from a switch. Any idea the ID of the Livewell drain hose? I haven not been in that compartment since I got the boat and installed the Transducer.
Im pretty sure it’s 1 &1/2”. I measured the cockpit drain the other day and it’s 1 &1/2” and the two hoses appear to be the same size.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im pretty sure it’s 1 &1/2”. I measured the cockpit drain the other day and it’s 1 &1/2” and the two hoses appear to be the same size.
Thanks. I will let you know once I get finished.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks. I will let you know once I get finished.
Right on....

A thought just occurred to me. Having a valve in the drain line after where the overflow from the live well ties in will help you keep all of that fresh water in there. I’ve noticed on numerous occasions that my live well water lever would be down after driving for a while and the only thing I can think of is that the water is sloshing around in there and going out the overflow drain.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was thinking the same thing, It will still slosh out onto the deck but will at least keep it from going into the ocean. I just got back from the boat and I definatly wont be able to reach a shutoff valve. Im not sure about finding an 1-1/2" motorized valve. To the Amazons...

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So 1.5" motorized valves in stainless are $200+ I wonder if I can get away with just a 1" stainless valve or 1.5" brass valve. Reduced flow vs corrosion? is the big questions.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So 1.5" motorized valves in stainless are $200+ I wonder if I can get away with just a 1" stainless valve or 1.5" brass valve. Reduced flow vs corrosion? is the big questions.
FWIW, I’ve seen quite a few larger CC boats that have a remote handle / push-pull that operate sea cock valves.... perhaps you could rig up something like that? Or maybe just put some sort of a block off plate over the overflow outlet inside the live well? I think the little baffle plate might just be screwed on?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I tried to tackel this install today but it turnes out that the Livewell drain is not 1.5 inch as it appears. Its actually 1.25" so I returned my 1.5" valve and fittings and ordered the 1.25" valve and fittings. The upside is the 1.25" vavle was $50 cheaper.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I tried to tackel this install today but it turnes out that the Livewell drain is not 1.5 inch as it appears. Its actually 1.25" so I returned my 1.5" valve and fittings and ordered the 1.25" valve and fittings. The upside is the 1.25" vavle was $50 cheaper.
That sucks it was the wrong size... but it’s good the right size is cheaper!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I finished the motorized drain valve and pump intake today as well as also added motorized Tow / Flush calves so I can easly flush the motors wth the washdown pump while still in the water or at the marina withour losing half the water out the pump. It turns out the Livewell drain host was 1.5" its just very snug. I still used the 1-1/4 valve and just got diffrent barb to npt adaptrs. Complete photos attached.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dude!

That’s an awesome set up! Clean install !

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I finished the motorized drain valve and pump intake today as well as also added motorized Tow / Flush calves so I can easly flush the motors wth the washdown pump while still in the water or at the marina withour losing half the water out the pump. It turns out the Livewell drain host was 1.5" its just very snug. I still used the 1-1/4 valve and just got diffrent barb to npt adaptrs. Complete photos attached.
How is your fresh water system working out for you?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its been great, Im very happy with the results even though it was a pain to setup this way. Yesterday we used it to rinse off after snorkeling, then used it to flush the motors and wash the boat at the ramp.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its been great, Im very happy with the results even though it was a pain to setup this way. Yesterday we used it to rinse off after snorkeling, then used it to flush the motors and wash the boat at the ramp.
Glad it’s working out well for you!