• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH21 front fishing platform!

Yammi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 79597 Platform in use as table. It comes with the leg.
Did you remove the mount from the forward platform and put it on the rear? Mine came with the mount on the front platform, but really like how you have it.

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw in Facebook group that you can still get them from Cycle Springs who I think is where JBP was getting them. you have to call and ask for the parts dept. (727) 771-1211
Called and got mine on order Friday. Parts Dept says they are down to their last few in each color Grey/Tan seadeck. after these are sold they are not planning on having more made since the 21-22 ft redesign. Also ask for Vet/Mil discount if you have served. Saved me 10%. Mine will be here later this week.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Called and got mine on order Friday. Parts Dept says they are down to their last few in each color Grey/Tan seadeck. after these are sold they are not planning on having more made since the 21-22 ft redesign. Also ask for Vet/Mil discount if you have served. Saved me 10%. Mine will be here later this week.
Did you get the cushions as well? It’s a great addition to your boat!

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you get the cushions as well? It’s a great addition to your boat!
got cushions and tablemount... nice to eat dinner on the boat while anchored

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
got cushions and tablemount... nice to eat dinner on the boat while anchored
Absolutely!

A word of caution when you are installing it. Be sure and put grease on the entire length of the stainless bolts before you use them. I don’t know if it is the quality of the stainless bolts or not, but I had a few gall and seize causing me to have to cut them off and get new ones. I was not using a power tool either, just a ratchet and screw driver.

You’ll love it once its in! I use mine as a bed when I camp out overnight as well.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Absolutely!

A word of caution when you are installing it. Be sure and put grease on the entire length of the stainless bolts before you use them. I don’t know if it is the quality of the stainless bolts or not, but I had a few gall and seize causing me to have to cut them off and get new ones. I was not using a power tool either, just a ratchet and screw driver.

You’ll love it once its in! I use mine as a bed when I camp out overnight as well.
Mine did that too with half of the bolts/nuts. Turns out the issue Metrc bolts and SAE nuts. I ended up having to go purchase new bolts and nuts in order to finish my install since half were to fubar'ed I had to bolts off the bad bolts to get them out. I stil have a bad taste in my mouth with JBP over this issue...

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How much are they?
With shipping, Platforms (450), install kit, cushions (450) and table pedestal kit came out to like just over 1400. Not telling HH6 that as she just knew about the platforms for 450 lol. Seeing as how once these in stock ones are gone then no more are available, I see it as a good investment which adds to the resale value of my boat if I ever get rid of it...... Not really in my plans unless we go bigger, as this is my back yard lol.View from end of dock looking toward Aquai Bay.jpg

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine did that too with half of the bolts/nuts. Turns out the issue Metrc bolts and SAE nuts. I ended up having to go purchase new bolts and nuts in order to finish my install since half were to fubar'ed I had to bolts off the bad bolts to get them out. I stil have a bad taste in my mouth with JBP over this issue...
All stainless will gall. Never use power tools to tighten. Rub threads with candle wax does help.

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gents,

Any tricks/pointers i need to know before mounting the templates with masking tape and drilling? I will have to reach out to hammy as a couple of the snap straps are missing. all the screws and nuts are the right thread...went thru the bag last night. What about anti seize on the threads?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All stainless will gall. Never use power tools to tighten. Rub threads with candle wax does help.
No mine were definaltly diffrent thread types. SAE and Metric mixed. Once I figured out what was going on I confimed by checking the threads with known thread types.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gents,

Any tricks/pointers i need to know before mounting the templates with masking tape and drilling? I will have to reach out to hammy as a couple of the snap straps are missing. all the screws and nuts are the right thread...went thru the bag last night. What about anti seize on the threads?
I would say just some marine grease on the threads, and do not use a power tool to run them down, use hand tools and tighten the fasteners at a sedate speed.

Take your time when you do the the layout and you will be fine.

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gents,

Any tricks/pointers I need to know before mounting the templates with masking tape and drilling? I will have to reach out to hammy as a couple of the snap straps are missing. all the screws and nuts are the right thread...went thru the bag last night. What about anti seize on the threads?
So, it was real fun pulling the front right cup holder out to get my no thumbs hand down under the fiberglass to put the washer and nut on for the front of the mounting bracket and to reach up and put washer on bar one mounting bolt. I followed instructions and taped the nut into the wrench so I wouldn't lose it. measured everything twice and when I tightened the mounting rail to the curvature of the front seating area back left bar moved a smidgen down. If it bothers me I will tape a thin door seal in there to take up the space. Haven't mounted the snaps yet. wondering how secure they are under way. how tight are they when you snap them on? Is there a better method for strapping the platform in (IE the rubber door snaps Yamaha used for all the other hatches)?

Does anyone know if we can just get an extra table mount? that way you could potentially use either platform for a table. just attach to the top and use

Ill add pictures tomorrow. Boat is still dirty from the ongoing battle of Wits with the local Osprey juveniles. needs a wash first.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
With any stainless bolts, you have to lubricate it unless you put it on really slow because of the close tolerance stainless does not dissipate heat. It will lock up and you will break the bolt. Spray lube is fine.
pretty cool I started this thread 5 years ago. Still looks good.1686020367575.png1686020367575.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, it was real fun pulling the front right cup holder out to get my no thumbs hand down under the fiberglass to put the washer and nut on for the front of the mounting bracket and to reach up and put washer on bar one mounting bolt. I followed instructions and taped the nut into the wrench so I wouldn't lose it. measured everything twice and when I tightened the mounting rail to the curvature of the front seating area back left bar moved a smidgen down. If it bothers me I will tape a thin door seal in there to take up the space. Haven't mounted the snaps yet. wondering how secure they are under way. how tight are they when you snap them on? Is there a better method for strapping the platform in (IE the rubber door snaps Yamaha used for all the other hatches)?

Does anyone know if we can just get an extra table mount? that way you could potentially use either platform for a table. just attach to the top and use

Ill add pictures tomorrow. Boat is still dirty from the ongoing battle of Wits with the local Osprey juveniles. needs a wash first.
Once you tie the two parts together with Yamahaesque rubber bungee and then attach the straps the whole platform is very stable. The straps are not that tight, haven’t used mine since last year but if memory serves the straps keep it from moving upward, and the small piece sorta locks in to prevent fore / aft movement. It’s very secure underway.

It used to be when JBP was selling them you could get one or two table leg mounts, so I’m sure you can get them, if not from CS then they are sold at other places. Did you already mount the table leg mount to the deck and check out what that’s like?

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Once you tie the two parts together with Yamahaesque rubber bungee and then attach the straps the whole platform is very stable. The straps are not that tight, haven’t used mine since last year but if memory serves the straps keep it from moving upward, and the small piece sorta locks in to prevent fore / aft movement. It’s very secure underway.

It used to be when JBP was selling them you could get one or two table leg mounts, so I’m sure you can get them, if not from CS then they are sold at other places. Did you already mount the table leg mount to the deck and check out what that’s like?
Mounted It last night. Found the Springfield Table 2 3/8 mount by itself from West marine. Will have to run by there later this week. We will definitely be using this while on the water. I got the mount and some of the Amazon EVA foam. Used lubrication on the SS bolts...no issues.

All put together and finally got a chance to wash the boat out this weekend. Wife loves the front lounge ;)

PXL_20230611_182257759.jpgPXL_20230611_175804904.jpgPXL_20230611_175614603.jpg

Last edited: