• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Gauge Calibration

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@MOA_Chaser Should be able to just change out the sender...which is what I'm planning on doing, but first thing we need to know is the length of the sender - and I don't have my boat handy, and every time I go boating I have a bunch of kids around....
It's 11 7/8" from the bottom of the flange to the tip of the rod. (The old one is, I didn't measure my wema float style before I installed it)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll be calling Centroid this week to order my new sender with the auto recalibrate function....I'll post up my experience. Per Joel:

"Joel at Centroid" <joel7@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
Julian:
If you're inside the United States but outside our home state of Florida, I think the senders cost about $65 plus shipping. Mary here will know (386-423-3574 between 8a-2p EST Mon/THUR). Yes, you'd just swap the senders without needing to set up anything.
Joel​

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian
Now that its been 5+ yrs how is that new auto calibration sender doing?
I'm about to try to replace a 2004 sx230 sender.
I'm finding alot of great info from old posts but most of links are different now or unavailable.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian
Now that its been 5+ yrs how is that new auto calibration sender doing?
I'm about to try to replace a 2004 sx230 sender.
I'm finding alot of great info from old posts but most of links are different now or unavailable.
I'm afraid I can't tell you as I sold the boat in 2016. @Opresso would have to let us know. @Opresso

But he's not be online in a while!