• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Gauge

Jeff0319

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
FYI, part number 90149-10sc4-00 is the square head. I just received them in the mail.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@waterboy I never thought about different gas types causing issues, but when I moved down to NC and started buying from my ethanol free marina mine went wonky too. I assumed it got messed up driving a thousand miles here.....and might explain why I can't zero in on a good calibration as I get both types of gas through the year.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Doing a little Bimini trip prep this weekend in the driveway, so I thought I would add an update on my gas gauge. My tank has some ethanol free fuel in it from a Gaston Lake trip last August, we had some run time on it in the fall with a couple of partial tanks of ethanol fuel and a top off at the end of the season.

I pulled the tank cover, and removed the gauge. With the Key on, I could raise and lower the gauge to see how the reading changed. Good news is that zero was still zero. The "Full" setting was way off (but I knew that). All I had to do was to adjust the span on the gauge (or the Full setting). Zero is now zero and full is now full, with everything accurate in between.

I am guessing (and hoping) that with a few ethanol fill up before Bimini and I suspect ethanol free fuel in Bimini, I should have an accurate gauge.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian can you add this to the tips section maybe as 07-09 floor screw size / removal

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

Jeff0319

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wish I would have check the website yesterday. I just ordered a new sending unit! I found it on Boats.net for $84. I have spent that last couple of weeks buying stuff for the boat, new cover, sending unit, radio head unit and speakers. I'm so ready for warmer weather!!!!

Jeff0319

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update
Just got around to replacing the fuel sender. The replacement sender/new part is a little different, but seems to work fine. Non-ethanol gas is all I'll be using in the future!!