• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Future boater here. Deposit down on AR250.

Scarpp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, My name is Shad. I’m from Orange County NY. I have been reading lots of information on this site for several months now. My wife and I recently placed a deposit down on the gray 2022 AR250. We went to Patsy’s Marina in Stony Point NY. We have been going on our friends boats for several summers now and we both decided it was our turn to get a boat. Several of our friends have Yamaha boats and are very happy with them.
We plan on using the boat to hang with friends and family either beaching the boat or anchoring, tying together etc. . Also, Pulling our friends and family around water skiing, tubing possibly wake boarding too. We have several lakes and the Hudson River to use the boat in our area. Although I’m not 100% sure I want to bring the boat in the Hudson. Realistically I want no more than 8 people on the boat even though it supposedly can handle 12. Just seems a bit much to me. We are both teachers so the boat will get plenty of use during the summer.
I have grown up around family and friends boats, but my family has never owed any. I was wondering if there was a thread on here for new boat owners on the essentials you need to get after the purchase of a boat. I know a few things like anchors, fenders, ropes. Just wondering if certain sizes, brands and what not are important.
Thanks in advance, Shad

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
welcome-aboard-welcome-aboard-love-boat-captain-meme-52875874_Resized.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello, My name is Shad. I’m from Orange County NY. I have been reading lots of information on this site for several months now. My wife and I recently placed a deposit down on the gray 2022 AR250. We went to Patsy’s Marina in Stony Point NY. We have been going on our friends boats for several summers now and we both decided it was our turn to get a boat. Several of our friends have Yamaha boats and are very happy with them.
We plan on using the boat to hang with friends and family either beaching the boat or anchoring, tying together etc. . Also, Pulling our friends and family around water skiing, tubing possibly wake boarding too. We have several lakes and the Hudson River to use the boat in our area. Although I’m not 100% sure I want to bring the boat in the Hudson. Realistically I want no more than 8 people on the boat even though it supposedly can handle 12. Just seems a bit much to me. We are both teachers so the boat will get plenty of use during the summer.
I have grown up around family and friends boats, but my family has never owed any. I was wondering if there was a thread on here for new boat owners on the essentials you need to get after the purchase of a boat. I know a few things like anchors, fenders, ropes. Just wondering if certain sizes, brands and what not are important.
Thanks in advance, Shad
Check out the FAQ.....this section has a few areas I'd be reading (one that specifically should answer your question - What should I keep on my boat):

1629742531768.png

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Welcome aboard...This one of my favorite forums. Great group and TONS of info so don't be afraid to ask questions or for help. We've all been there and everyone wants to help out. Yamaha has tight group of followers.

Scarpp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard...This one of my favorite forums. Great group and TONS of info so don't be afraid to ask questions or for help. We've all been there and everyone wants to help out. Yamaha has tight group of followers.
Thank you! I appreciate it.

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was too about to put a deposit on a AR250 was thinking about it since it came out but finally put a deposit on a 252 Se ....

Both great boats, just find it worth the extra money. Still prefer the grey outside of the 250

Scarpp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was too about to put a deposit on a AR250 was thinking about it since it came out but finally put a deposit on a 252 Se ....

Both great boats, just find it worth the extra money. Still prefer the grey outside of the 250
Congrats on the 252! What color you go with?

Seattle_Phaeton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
have you been enjoying the AR? Any issues?
We really enjoy the boat. Finished another day of boating today and had a blast. It goes in for its 50hr service on Wednesday. No major problems. Mostly small quality issues. The 12v power port is loose in the back. They are replacing the rear ladder under warranty.On initial inspection they are replacing the bimini cover and the rear cushion and they are still on back order. Would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Scarpp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We really enjoy the boat. Finished another day of boating today and had a blast. It goes in for its 50hr service on Wednesday. No major problems. Mostly small quality issues. The 12v power port is loose in the back. They are replacing the rear ladder under warranty.On initial inspection they are replacing the bimini cover and the rear cushion and they are still on back order. Would buy it again in a heartbeat.
Seems Ike a bunch of little things they need to fix. I guess I‘ll need to do a thorough inspection whenever it comes in.