• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garage Storage brackets?

mrcapi937

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is anyone else using these? I don’t see anything in the owners manual about the tow bar needing support when lowered.

1641784146344.png1641784146344.png

Thanks

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They’re for when the boat is shipped, you don’t need them for storage.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They’re for when the boat is shipped, you don’t need them for storage.
Would make it damn handy though. Be able to lower and secure the tower without a support in the way of the pass through.

Adjusting the cables works just as well though.

mrcapi937

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, Just making sure, I was not missing something.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Our boat is in outside covered storage, and I use them in conjunction with the shipping cover. With the extra weight of the tower speakers, I like the support the brackets give. I also use the brackets and shipping cover anytime I'm towing the boat more than 2 hours.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our boat is in outside covered storage, and I use them in conjunction with the shipping cover. With the extra weight of the tower speakers, I like the support the brackets give. I also use the brackets and shipping cover anytime I'm towing the boat more than 2 hours.
One of the reasons I'm not the biggest fan of the new shipping covers. I always tow with the cover on, but my cover allows for the tower to stay up and secured. I get that the tower would stay WAY WAY cleaner under the cover, but I'm not sure how I feel about towing with it down like that.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
One of the reasons I'm not the biggest fan of the new shipping covers. I always tow with the cover on, but my cover allows for the tower to stay up and secured. I get that the tower would stay WAY WAY cleaner under the cover, but I'm not sure how I feel about towing with it down like that.
I use the black mooring cover with tower up for shorter trips.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use the black mooring cover with tower up for shorter trips.
Yea, I've gone the same way. Black mooring cover any time it's outside the garage and not on the water.

My shipping cover let the tower stay up too though, and honestly the shipping cover was nicer as a trailering cover than the mooring cover is. Shipping cover had a nice felt lining in it, mooring cover is just raw canvas in there.

1641926672539.png

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I really like the metal shipping brackets, I really do. They provide a very secure way to store the tower in the down position, and they take the strain off the cables which don't look real beefy. BUT...

Be aware that when mounted on the brackets, the clearance above the boat is about 6 inches LESS than when held by the support cables. Not sure if my cables are out of adjustment, but that doesn't matter too much. On the brackets, I cannot get my boat into my standard height garage door. Off by about 1-2 inches and would hit the light/tow rope attachment bracket. Kind of bummed by this, as it negates or highly complicates the use of the factory shipping cover when stored in my garage, but not the end of the earth I suppose. Will still drop the tower on the cables when backing into garage, and then install the metal brackets for the winter, but not as tidy overall. Not sure how I will cover (or not cover) the boat while in the garage.

Surely others have faced this. What do you all do?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I would cover it. Use a if tarp necessary, just to keep the dust out.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length