• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Get rid of pisser stream

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys,

Whats the best way to get rid of that annoying pisser stream that shoots up like 100 ft on my FZR? Its annoying as hell.

Thanks in advance.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mike, that port is present on our boat pumps but it is not drilled out. I would look for a way to cap it right at the pump.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My friends and I used to either remove the hose from the pump and let the nipple spray directly into the jet stream or wherever it was pointed under the stern or pull the hose off of the swim deck connection and reroute it so it is under the water line.

Since no one has mentioned it, it is actually a safety device as it increases your visibility. I don't mess with them anymore.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took care of it. I didn't want to get rid of it completely because of what @Ronnie had mentioned. So for $5, its taken care of.

Rain Bird 1/2" barb valve from Rain bird. $3 and some stainless clamps. 5 minute install.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I never knew what that stream of water shooting up was for. I always kinda thought it was like a bilge pump. Apparently, the main reason for it was for visibility of the ski to other boaters. I never knew that until about a month ago.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, in some areas it's a safety feature.....in others, it's a "Piss off Boaters" feature when they get right in front of you in a No Wake Zone and burp the throttle and douche your boat. :confused::mad:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, in some areas it's a safety feature.....in others, it's a "Piss off Boaters" feature when they get right in front of you in a No Wake Zone and burp the throttle and douche your boat. :confused::mad:
That can't be.....how would you know that!!!:rolleyes:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmm, I always thought that was the water cooling outlet (pee hole) like we have on the sides of Yamaha boats since it was only on Yamaha skis. Never knew it was just for visibility, thanks for teaching me something new! :winkingthumbsup"

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh man I need to do this. My wife is still learning to dock this thing, and twice now she's squirted down people walking on the dock...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Glassman , your post reminded me that a few years ago my buddy and I were were power loading our waverunners on their trailer when a ski boat full of guys pulled up behind us at the ramp. I was in the truck waiting to pull out of the ramp when I looked in the rear view mirror to see my buddy's "rooster tail" landing directly in the center of the ski boat's cockpit. My friend didn't notice until I got out of the truck to point what was happening out to him. Most of the guys in the boat were pissed except the driver who said he should have known better.

On the opposite side of the spectrum I raced an old jet boat a few years ago on my waverunner and I won. I didn't think much of it until I got back to the ramp to pull the ski out of the water for the day. I ended up parking behind the jet boat I just beat in a short race. On the walk up to the truck the boat's owner starts his boat and proceeds to blow water and exhaust all over my ski. Of course my buddy who spends 2 hours a day working out wanted to kick some ass. I laughed it off. "it's a boat, if it can't handle a little being blown onto it, it's the wrong boat".

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So, if it's a safety feature, we should be adding this to our boats, right? LOL
Double safe with two pumps? I mean, I already drive mine hard enough to call it an overgrown jet ski. Hey, I like seeing the jet stream getting above the water line and spewing back a good 20 + feet. Anything wrong with that?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's more commonly referred to as a visibility spout or in slang a rooster tail. There are several posts on how to eliminate it permanently or temporarily on the web.

Does anyone remember a product called the rooster shooter? It was an after market steering nozzle replacement for older Kawasaki jet skis that had a half to one inch tube mounted on a swivel that you could control the angle of with a finger lever attached by a cable. Basically it allowed the user to create a visibility spout as well as control the angle of the spout. Here is a pic of one I found online.

image.jpg

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, if it's a safety feature, we should be adding this to our boats, right? LOL
Double safe with two pumps? I mean, I already drive mine hard enough to call it an overgrown jet ski. Hey, I like seeing the jet stream getting above the water line and spewing back a good 20 + feet. Anything wrong with that?
The thought was that a PWC is much smaller and thus harder to see.

Nothing wrong with shooting water 20 feet! The older go-fast jetboats shot water 150 feet it seems!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have never had one that worked because I pull the hose , stick a plastic wire nut inside the hose and put the hose back on the deck fitting. It's just that simple I do it on day one before it ever sees the water.