• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Good bye to the boat...

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yesterday the dealer came by and took our 2013 SX190 as our trade in for the 2015 SX240. She is a great boat that gave us 30hrs of family fun. As she was out first boat, she will be greatly missed. Now I hope she gives the next family hours and hours of fun.

My 2 year old daughter stood by the glass door yelling "No!!! come back!!!".

Attachments

• Leaving 1.jpg
    Leaving 1.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 62
The end of an era....Bigger (literally) and better things to come. Congrats.

...but you will so love the 240 platform. Very nice layout. Congratulations!

I'd bet the first time you fire up the twin engines on your new boat that your focus will be on making memories on it instead of those you made on the 19'. Still I know what you mean, it's bitter sweet watching it be trailered off never to return.

Watching things you love roll away is always tough, but taking delivery of your new boat will make it all worth it. Your daughter will be all smiles with your new boat. The new boat is big enough for her to play and and seek in.

Leaving that boat is like finding a new hot girlfriend that makes you present girl look like trash. Shouldn't be too hard !! lol (And no "Its what on the inside that counts" B.S.) :winkingthumbsup"

I get the disappointment, because you don't yet have the 240. But as mentioned, the 190 will be a distant memory about 10 seconds after anchor the first time, and see the room and convenience you now have. Everything about the 240 is just far beyond the boat you traded in. You will have to have a capable tow vehicle and managing it will be different, but once your comfortable with it, you won't regret what you have there. A ride across a rough lake will convince you fast, not to mention the room and storage, as you just can't seem to have all you want for a day at the lake. Check out some of the storage ideas...you may find Yamaha copied my storage shelf idea for the head compartment...at least one of my shelves, but you can add much more convenience to your boat. I wish I had your hinged seats! Congrats on the upgrade, it is time for smiles and celebration, and your daughter (and the rest of the family) will soon be glad you made the trade!

Soon as you take delivery of that 240. . . . She will be but a distant memory. Congrats on the upgrade.

It's always hard to see our boat drive off without us. But at least you know that another family will probably be enjoying her for years to come and that you're moving on to a boat that will better meet your needs too.

Yup....hard to watch your first boat drive away....but that new boat will be sweet!!!!!!!

Back