• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Good Deal, or skip it?

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is someone selling (3) pairs of Polk DB651's, as well as a pair of Polk's tower speakers (unknown size/model), a Polk DB1040 subwoofer and (2) amps. Polk PA D5000.5, and Polk PA D4000.4. These were pulled from a 242xe that has 50 hours on it.

Are these stock speakers for this boat, or were these an upgrade at some point? Current owner is upgrading to JL's, hence the reason for selling.

All this for $500. Assuming these are in good condition, is this a good deal, or is there a better setup for similar price? I am more or less a novice when it comes to this.

This is the stock set up for a 242X (2016 and 2017).

I just paid $300 for a replacement amp for one of mine that blew (easiest way to fix is an exact replacement - I considered getting a JL amp, but got lazy!). Here is how I'd lay out your pricing....which looks good by the way!

What I'd pay on EBAY for these:

PAD 5005.5 - $250
PAD 4004.4 - $200
3 Pairs of db651 - $40 each - $120
Tower cans and DB 651s - $200
Sub Woofer- $100

Assuming they are all in good shape- this is a great deal.

Is there a better set up for a similar price....that is hard to answer. This is a good system.

That is a pretty good deal.

Thanks for the feedback. Now to get the admiral to give me the thumbs up.

Back