• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Great Day

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Had a good Thanksgiving and then went to the lake today. The weather has warmed up a little and we cleaned her, changed the plugs (past due) and took her out today it was great. Tomorrow will be even warmer 71! We are going to put on our suits, take some snacks and drinks and float in the sun. I can't wait.

On another note, we had just cleaned the boat about two months ago and there was mildew all over her again. I just got a new cover because the old one was coming apart and was mildewed as well. I am hoping the mildew was coming from the cover. Our boat is on a boat lift as of this year. All the other years she was sitting in the water in her slip and never had this problem. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to stop it? I do put those moisture/mildew tablets (?) out and always have. I am planning to put two out when I close her up this weekend. We are getting tired of cleaning the mildew!!! I have even pondered running a small fan to keep the air moving.

Had a good Thanksgiving and then went to the lake today. The weather has warmed up a little and we cleaned her, changed the plugs (past due) and took her out today it was great. Tomorrow will be even warmer 71! We are going to put on our suits, take some snacks and drinks and float in the sun. I can't wait.

On another note, we had just cleaned the boat about two months ago and there was mildew all over her again. I just got a new cover because the old one was coming apart and was mildewed as well. I am hoping the mildew was coming from the cover. Our boat is on a boat lift as of this year. All the other years she was sitting in the water in her slip and never had this problem. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to stop it? I do put those moisture/mildew tablets (?) out and always have. I am planning to put two out when I close her up this weekend. We are getting tired of cleaning the mildew!!! I have even pondered running a small fan to keep the air moving.
Keep those good stories coming @rkluck. That's what keeps us northerners warm during the winter. With regard to your mildew issue...Mildew requires 3 things to grow. 1) Stagnant Air, 2) A Food Source (dirt) & 3) Moisture. If you remove any of these mildew will not grow. We all try to keep our boats as dry as possible but there is always moisture in the air, especially if you're on a lift . There are heaters and dehumidifiers for that purpose. The easiest thing to try is a small fan. If you have shore power or a solar panel for the fan that should do it. Once you do get mildew, moving air can actually help to spread the spores so clean any areas that may have it. That includes under engine and anchor locker covers.

That is great info. I may try to get a dehumidifier before I close her up. I am just so surprised since we never had it before.

I had this happen a couple of times....mostly with the rear seats. Since I began cleaning and conditioning them with hotsauce I've not had the problem recur. It might be a coincidence....but its working for me.

Really! I will try this. I looked on-line did you mean hot sauce or vinyl sauce? I may get both just want to make sure.

One other question, we have mildew on the bimini cover as well. Will the sauce work on that as well?

Really! I will try this. I looked on-line did you mean hot sauce or vinyl sauce? I may get both just want to make sure.

Vinyl Sauce for the seats. Hot Sauce is for the hull.

Great that is what I thought but wanted to make sure.

Back