• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Great News.. post update... (the little boy)

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This past summer I got to meet this amazing Little boy (posted in Memorial Day Pics thread). This little boy needed a kidney and had to do dialysis on on a regular basis and is very small for his 9 year old age. He wanted to ride in the boat with all his friends and be just like everyone else. As he sat in the copilot seat on his knee's looking out the window, he had the grandest smile ever. The moment was priceless (you just had to be there). So I decided to let him drive the boat (for those concerned it was done slow and no boat traffic). They call him ("little man"). Below is a picture of that little boy driving the boat.
Today I received Great News. Ten days ago Tristen (little man) had his kidney transplant and is doing so well he got to go Trick or Treating last night after just getting out of the hospital. I along with many others are totally thrilled.
I know we tease on the forum about how we may have had a bad day. Just a small reminder, when you are having a bad day, their are many others out there that would be happy to have THAT BAD DAY.photo (15).JPG 10402747_10202158712122969_2710372382605569987_n.jpg

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great news indeed!!!!!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That's awesome....Prayers for his continued improvement.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wonderful! Puts it all into perspective.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is awesome. Thank you for making him smile!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce The smile comes natural to him and fits him well! He is totally awesome. I forwarded a link to this site for his family to view.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great news and kudos to you gary for taking the time to get involved with him,

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for brightening my day, Boat Crazy.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for bringing us that great smile and great story @Boat Crazy. I hope we see more of Tristen in your pics.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What a wonderful outcome Gary! I can see he likes driving the Starship Shane! Thanks for reminding us about our many blessings and sharing your time with Tristan and his family with us! Since you shared the link with him and his family...

Alright Tristan! You look great driving that boat! In a few years, you will have to get Mr. Rivers to move over so you can really have some fun with that boat! We all here at jetboaters wish you a speedy recovery from your operation! I liked your Halloween costume too!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update: Tristan is doing good. It will take awhile for his immune system to be normal. His parents do take him out of school if there is a lot of sickness going on. Prior to his operation Tristan wanted badly to go to Disney. Today Tristan and his family left port in Florida on a Disney cruise paid for by "Make a Wish Foundation." ( a fantastic organization). Tristan living in Arkansas left the snow, ice and cold for a vacation soaking up the heat and sun for the next few days. He was a bit unsure of his plane to Florida. Looking forward to seeing the little man Tristan during my Arkansas visit this summer.
IMG_7482_resized.png

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Update: Tristan is doing good. It will take awhile for his immune system to be normal. His parents do take him out of school if there is a lot of sickness going on. Prior to his operation Tristan wanted badly to go to Disney. Today Tristan and his family left port in Florida on a Disney cruise paid for by "Make a Wish Foundation." ( a fantastic organization). Tristan living in Arkansas left the snow, ice and cold for a vacation soaking up the heat and sun for the next few days. He was a bit unsure of his plane to Florida. Looking forward to seeing the little man Tristan during my Arkansas visit this summer.
View attachment 17779
What a great organization. Prayers for that little guy! I hope they have a great time here in Florida! They definitely will give him the VIP treatment!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I work in a children's hospital and I see very ill children all day long, which breaks my heart. However, when I hear about a child that gets better, the warmth my heart feels is greater then the pain.

God bless...

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That is Awesome!! Make A Wish Rocks!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Gary, it is great that Tristan is headed to a Disney cruise! I hope he enjoyed his airplane ride too! I hope this is only one of the many updates we get from you about his new adventures! Thanks for sharing him with us! We have many Make a Wish families on our planes. I get a notice when I have a family on my plane, and I make sure I go find them in the lobby and welcome them all personally. If they are up to it, of course I jump at the opportunity to give a tour of the flight deck! Enjoy that vacation Tristan!

Last edited:

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the confusion. He was flying from Arkansas to Florida to go on a Disney cruise. This little guy is totally awesome and this is a well deserved trip.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing Tristan's story with us.

Here's to a continuing health and healing Tristan! Have fun at Disney!