• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Had enough! Sold my Scarab

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I've been a casual user on this site. It's great if you run into problems and scarabmike is awesome for advice.

I bought my scarab 195 ho impulse in March of 2015 out the door price was 34500. The break in period went fine no issues even added the 2nd battery like mike suggested. This was my first boat so every thing about boating I was gonna learn was gonna be on the scarab.

Once I hit 25 hrs I had nothing but problems. Engine kept overheating took it to MarineMax 3 times every time was another excuse. It was all covered under warranty but each time took like 2 weeks to fix. I didn't have my boat all of July. The radio started to malfunction, cup holders kept falling out, the 195 decals started peeling off. My boat spent more time at the dealer getting fixed then on the water.

I know new boats will have problems but scarab is ridiculous. Long story short traded my boat for the new sea Ray 21 spx. Sea Ray is a reliable brand so hope this one goes better. Dealer gave me 25k for the scarab with 35 hrs on her I owed 27 but just wanted to get rid of this piece of junk. Thanks every one for your help any other questions just ask. It's Sea Ray Steve now

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scarabsteve I feel your pain. I have been limiting my time on the water, just to push off any issues that may come about with the boat. Its sad to see that a promising company, and great looking product is going down hill because of its support network, and crappy service history.

I had a 190 Sport, and it was a good boat with absolutely no issues. You will love the SPX line. Good luck. I want to change my name too. I no longer feel like promoting such a sorry ass company.

Good luck, and don't stop posting here!

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Scarabsteve I feel your pain. I have been limiting my time on the water, just to push off any issues that may come about with the boat. Its sad to see that a promising company, and great looking product is going down hill because of its support network, and crappy service history.

I had a 190 Sport, and it was a good boat with absolutely no issues. You will love the SPX line. Good luck. I want to change my name too. I no longer feel like promoting such a sorry ass company.

Good luck, and don't stop posting here!
I will mike. Thanks for your help your the only reason I didn't give up sooner. You did a lot more for these boats than the company does. Sucks but is what it is. I'll keep posting help where I can

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sorry about your experience with Scarab's Jet line up.....we'd be happy to change your name to @yamahasteve as it is still available!!! :thumbsup::winkingthumbsup":rolleyes:
Think I'm done with jet boats for awhile scarab experience turned me off of them.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am putting in another vote for trying a Yamaha!

So much less to worry about than an I/O.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You'll like your SeaRay, I'm sure you'll be happy with it - they make great boats.

I loved my Cobalt. for the most part those boats are workhorses and they make the absolute best runabouts on the market. BUT, the first kid you get behind the boat horsing around by the outdrive will be the last. Even with the engine turned off. Although it's not my reason for getting a jet boat (I really like the versatility of the boat), my wife detested the spinning blade of doom behind our Cobalt... so an impeller based boat was an easy sell to her - even with all the times we have to get into the clean-out ports.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well lets see the new boat @Scarabsteve or should we say searaysteve?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scarabsteve One thing your not going to like about the SPX is its inability to handle the chop as well as the Scarab' hull. I remember getting beat up pretty good in mine.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, the Sea Ray has a mercruiser 4.5ltr I/O with an Alpha 1 drive. It also comes with a Mercury Verado 250hp outboard that I would have gone with. It has the ability to get the engine completely out of the water, and a ton easier to maintain.

SeaRaySteve does have a nice ring to it....isn't that the same power plant as the Scarab? Was it not engine issues you were having?

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No, the Sea Ray has a mercruiser 4.5ltr I/O with an Alpha 1 drive. It also comes with a Mercury Verado 250hp outboard that I would have gone with. It has the ability to get the engine completely out of the water, and a ton easier to maintain.
That's the one I got Mike. The 250 hp