• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hard seltzers have peaked

What is your favorite brand seltzer?

• White Claw

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Truly

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Coors

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Topo Chico

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Natural Light

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corona

• Bud Light

• High Noon

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Ranch Water

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • None.

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and son will keep them afloat for a while for sure. I avoid most of them as they remind me of Zima and Smirnoff Ice. Though, I did get a little kick out of the Topo Chico.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got on a truly kick last summer. Had the right level of magic and sweetness to them. Still took a high number of them to reach critical buzz levels. Was neat while it lasted.

Went back to IPAs in the 8%+ magic range this summer. Take a 6 pack with me and I'm good for most days. Long days I might have 8. I like that I don't have to drink what feels like 6 gallons of liquid to reach critical buzz levels, and that a water bottle or two doesn't ruin the buzz either.

Wife dropped off the seltzer wagon as well this year. Found Reingiest makes a wine based beer called Bubly Rosè. Has enough magic and sweetness for her and fits a standard cozie.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went from IPAs to seltzer due to the calories in IPAs. It’s quite shocking. Then got tired of the seltzers and no im back to the old faithful. Coors Lite.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not really ever a fan of them, to many to get a buzz... Now if you really want to kick them up, take a large sip of a fresh can then top off with Vodka. Pro tip only you need a couple after that and in my opinion they taste better.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
LOL, never even had a hard seltzer, although I sometimes will have a regular seltzer.

I have always enjoyed craft beers. Don't drink them often (medication) but love some of the offerings from one of our local places, Oyster Bay Brewing Company (Lewes, DE). :winkingthumbsup"

Jim

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went from IPAs to seltzer due to the calories in IPAs. It’s quite shocking. Then got tired of the seltzers and no im back to the old faithful. Coors Lite.
I did the same thing last year, except I'm back to Miller Lite. I'd like to enjoy seltzers, but never found one that was actually good and not loaded with sugar. For a while I made my own with Mio, water, and everclear and a home carbonator - those were actually pretty good (but a PITA).

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t do the seltzers and look for light beer or ready to drink bevs for the boat. My new addition this year is the Cutwater Mai Tai. They need to be cut, straight outta the can is too strong (12.5% ABV). (My “ask me how I know” story.) I recommend a 30 oz Yeti packed with crushed or cracked ice with a chilled can.
1658072798221.png

Last edited:

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The seltzer craze is full on out here and shows no sign of waning...wander around socializing at the sandbar or one of the islands and you're bound to be offered a few. My invited female guests are almost guaranteed to bring them while the guys are still on IPA's or just regular brews. On board though, whatever floats your boat right!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I drink whatever is on sale....but I do like the lemonade flavors better.

Vizzy (Miller)
Mike's
Truly
I'lladmit to having a few summers fully covered with Shandy style beers. Lienenkugels or Goose Island.

Same problem as Lite Beers though, takes too much volume to reach critical buzz levels.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you wanna buzz you must augment with desert Chardonnay. Tequila. Neat.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The competition in the market is heavy, but it sure is making the drinks better. Used to like the White Claws now they are disgusting to me. My go to, Nutrl, is not on your list. Although I pretty much drink whatever people leave in our fridge, so I really don't buy anything lol.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same problem as Lite Beers though, takes too much volume to reach critical buzz levels.
It's an advantage for me when boating, can steadily drink them (light beer) all day and never exceed a 0.8 BAC. I can blow past that with three of my usual IPAs.

At home, I rarely pop the light stuff.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's an advantage for me when boating, can steadily drink them (light beer) all day and never exceed a 0.8 BAC. I can blow past that with three of my usual IPAs.

At home, I rarely pop the light stuff.
Yea, my exact problem with them. Takes too much liquid to get there for me and I end up feeling full and bloated from all the carbonation and don't get any of the fun that comes from the lowered inhibitions.

I've started taking 3-4 IPA's with me. I'll pop a top, have two, then a bottle of water, then two more and be done for the day on the water. Enough to calm the nerves and lower my level of "give a crap", but not enough to be dangerous. Usually bakes off in a couple of hours and a couple more bottles of water.

Unless someone else is driving, then I'll take 6-8 of them and enjoy the day.

Biggest issue was finding a coozie that would keep them cold while I drank them instead of getting soaked in lake water and warming up.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yea, my exact problem with them. Takes too much liquid to get there for me and I end up feeling full and bloated from all the carbonation and don't get any of the fun that comes from the lowered inhibitions.

I've started taking 3-4 IPA's with me. I'll pop a top, have two, then a bottle of water, then two more and be done for the day on the water. Enough to calm the nerves and lower my level of "give a crap", but not enough to be dangerous. Usually bakes off in a couple of hours and a couple more bottles of water.

Unless someone else is driving, then I'll take 6-8 of them and enjoy the day.

Biggest issue was finding a coozie that would keep them cold while I drank them instead of getting soaked in lake water and warming up.
On the coozie level - both BruMate and Yeti make top notch products that seriously own the Florida sun.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My wife and I make are own hard seltzer. 16oz yeti cup packed with ice, shot of vodka and top off with Lacroix seltzer water (or Kroger Brand). Way better than the malt liquor seltzer on the market, in my opinion.
My wife found these drinks called Tip Top they come in a 3oz can and are traditionally drinks like Margarita, Daiquiri, Bee's Knees, Old Fashion etc...they are made with really spirits and are strong. Cant drink it out of the can, definitely poor over ice with a splash of water.