• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone ran this through their engine coming out of winterization to start new season ?

I've not. It says for outboard engines.

Everything I've read says that modern gasoline has plenty of detergents in it and you don't need to add more.

Even if you did use it you would have to do a complete oil change to remove all of the cleaner out of the engine and my guess is most do not drain all of the oil out during a service, they just suck out what the can from the top and get about 2/3 of the total capacity.

i've never understood why anyone would add anything to their gasoline besides stabilizer

I think I used it once many many years ago on my first Yamaha jet boat and only because Yamaha recommended it in their advertising.

As I recall the instructions read like stabil, that is use it all the time not just once a year. One bottle was not enough to treat 50 gallons of fuel and two bottles was too much.

I don’t think the price has changed at all but the cost to treat one tank (50 gallons) of fuel was somewhere around $75 (excluding the unused part of the second bottle).

If gas was $3 a gallon it would cost me $225 to fill and treat a full tank of fuel (I.e., $150 for the fuel plus $75 to treat it, actually $100 since you cannot buy half a bottle of the stuff). Like I said I only used it once and not per the instructions, I only used one expensive bottle for 50 gallons of gas.

i've never understood why anyone would add anything to their gasoline besides stabilizer
I use Startron in all my gas; 10% Ethanol is all I can get and Startron is supposed to help with phase separation leaving water in the tank. Seams to work for the last 15 years.

I run stabil in at the end of the season, thats it. In fact its about that time

Last edited:
Back