• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Have you emailed for SeaDek/Hydro Turf Group Buy

Have you emailed will your order for SeaDek/Hydro-turf

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi, Just thought I'd get a semi-accurate number for how many people have emailed Will for the group buy on SeaDek/Hydro-turf in hopes that maybe we will get a few more once they see the discount we are at/get a couple more to push the discount to the next level. The vote is not official and @JetBoatPilot will have the final say on how many units he recieved. Please only vote yes if you have emailed Will.

And here is the link to the group buy for more info if you missed it

https://jetboaters.net/threads/jetboatpilot-seadek-faux-teak-group-buy.3032/

Thanks

To the members that voted on the previous Poll, please vote again on this one, as other was deleted to make voting public. Sorry for the making you vote again.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have not... Yet. I am getting a swim deck kit, but am undecided as to whether I'm getting it engraved or not.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guess I should of added a half unit option to the poll, but I'm not restarting it again lol... So I think you should just order a full unit and be done with it hahaha, Think I'm going to get my platform engraved with the name "Thrust Issues"

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hope the discount is based on the number of orders, no matter if they are full or half. My order is for only the swim deck plus some small additional pieces; engine hatch step small and large, anchor locker hatch and above the head compartment.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
According to his post swim deck only is considered a half unit, while cockpit is considered a full unit. And cockpit&swim deck is 1 unit(not sure the math on that one, seems like should be 1.5) but I'm not complaining as he is giving us a discount on the group buy when he really doesn't have to. Mind you he might bump yours to a full order considering the extra ones you are getting. @JetBoatPilot

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I'm planning on the swim deck, the two back hatches, the walk through, the back of the flip-down seat, and the front anchor locker. Not sure if that's still only a half unit or not. That's all the more I'd want to clean the glue off of if I ever end up removing it, LOL.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So far we have one email committing to one swim platform kit and some optional mats (thanks @MOA_Chaser )

The logic behind splitting the kits into half or full kits is based on setup time and machine time vs sales revenue. When I set my machines up with full kits I can produce much more material in a shorter amount of time. This way we incentivise volume on the group buy and can deliver more quickly.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmm... Was talking with you and sent confirmation of mine with the name... Guess you haven't come across it yet.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have not seen yours yet @Master-Spud

I did just see one from @andy07sx230ho. Looks like it is for a swim platform and some optionals as well.

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I know that the information is somewhere out there but what does the installation entail? How do you remove the factory turf from the swim platform?

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like pull the mats, pressure wash if you can, and LOTS and LOTS of acetone and or mineral oil. A pain, yes but doesn't sound horrible. Maybe someone that's actually done it could chime in. But from the looks of a few threads a pressure washer will remove the bulk of it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
From everything I've read, yes the snaps need to be removed, the kicker comes with if you need to fill in the holes, from the looks I've seen a little bit of both. I plan to fill the holes with 3M 5200 as @Bruce did. Again maybe some that have done it could answer better, I just read a LOT lol... All kinds of bored at work lol

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ken4motion, the snaps remove easily. They are screwed in. Just unscrew them and fill the holes with caulk. I used 3m 5200. After the caulk cured I cleaned the entire floor area with acetone. Most of the the snap holes will be covered by the new flooring. So I guess filling is not necessary to hide the holes but I wanted to seal the holes to prevent water getting in.

Here is the thread on my install Just installed Hydro Teak

We really enjoy the Hydro Teak flooring. It is so much nicer than the carpet or bare floors were both in looks and feel. We get lots of compliments from friends.