• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Head unit selection

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys, first post on this site. Glad to see the familiar "faces" here. Tough deal. Anyone invite Alysha?!

On topic, I am ready to order a new head unit to replace the stocker in my 13 AR192. I would prefer to stick with a single din unit, obviously needs to be marine grade (duh), mostly I am looking for something that will run two wired auxiliary remotes. I plan to mount one on the helm and one on the swim platform. Additionally it will need to have two sets of coaxials for two separate amps. Im not sure I care if it has a cd player, and would love if it had Bluetooth. I'm going to try not to be too price conscious, above all I want quality components, but a reasonably priced deck would be great. What are you guys using? Thanks!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not familiar with the layout of your boat. I have a Kenwood KMR-700U.

You can't tell from this image, but I believe it fits in a single DIN slot.

Here's a better picture.

I do like it a lot. Mainly I liked the options on the remote and the ability to manage ipod playlists from the rear remote.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My opinion is that Marine Entertainment - FUSION Electronics makes the toughest and highest output marine head units available. They have options in different sizes and price ranges. They are completely sealed not just the screen but the entire radio. I have an MS-IP600 which allows you to use pre fifth generation iPhones and iPods inside of the head unit as a music library. I also have a MS-BT100 Bluetooth module and a MS-WR600 remote control installed. Last year I ran four Infinity Marine 6912m 6x9 speakers as a 2 ohm load on two channels of the head unit. This year I am adding four more 6912Ms, two on the swim deck and two in the bow on the other other two channels of the head unit. This provides lots of clean, clear, sound for little battery usage without need to take up space or add the weight of an amplifier.

The newer 700 Series provides even more features, but nothing that I needed.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Adding a side picture of a Fusion head unit so that you can see the difference in casing. The factory head unit in my SX230 seemed to have corroded from the inside out.