• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Head with pumpout

Chadt4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know porta potty is the common go to for the head compartment... but talking with a guy at work has a 9gal unit with an actual seat...... but needs fresh water tank and plumbed.... also plumbed for pump out... which would require some drilling..... I like the idea but hesitant.

Tried searching and couldn't find if anyone else has already done this?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've never seen anyone put in a pump out head in the last 15 years....BUT...I'd also never seen anyone add jetski trimmable pumps on a boat until this last month.....so you could be the first to show us how it is done!!! :winkingthumbsup"

Chadt4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol that' what I was thinking. The wife can' understand why I buy toys to just rip them apart and change them.
Also getting concrete poured in shop next week so once it cures and I seal it then I can start getting it ready for winter projects... this summer I'll run a regular portapotty...

Chadt4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But after seeing the jet ski mod I had to ask about this just in case

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our old Four Winns had a porta-potti with an adapter/hose set up that made it a pump out system in order to be NH legal; I hated pumping the system when not on a lake with services. I bought a roll around pump out contraption that I used for a while, but had to transfer the stinky contents in a 5 gallon bucket to my house toilet. YUK! I disabled the pump out feature on the porta potty, and now have a rolling yard decoration that used to have a (smelly) purpose!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unless you use the head quite a bit, I would avoid it. The convenience and accessibility of removing the enclosed toilet as needed versus dealing with a permanently installed system does not beckon simplicity to my head.

I would carefully consider the expected improvement this brings vs the gigantic added complexity. (Small clue on how I feel)

Ultimately the boat is to be enjoyed. More enjoyment better, less is bad. Make sure this install pushes you in the right direction.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless you use the head quite a bit, I would avoid it. The convenience and accessibility of removing the enclosed toilet as needed versus dealing with a permanently installed system does not beckon simplicity to my head.

I would carefully consider the expected improvement this brings vs the gigantic added complexity. (Small clue on how I feel)

Ultimately the boat is to be enjoyed. More enjoyment better, less is bad. Make sure this install pushes you in the right direction.
Unless of course they can combine the two.
(pump out head and pump trim)
:D

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless of course they can combine the two.
(pump out head and pump trim)
:D
that's one way to make sure your pumps are getting properly loaded

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our old Four Winns had a porta-potti with an adapter/hose set up that made it a pump out system in order to be NH legal; I hated pumping the system when not on a lake with services. I bought a roll around pump out contraption that I used for a while, but had to transfer the stinky contents in a 5 gallon bucket to my house toilet. YUK! I disabled the pump out feature on the porta potty, and now have a rolling yard decoration that used to have a (smelly) purpose!
Had the same setup in my 4winns and did the same thing. Couldnt stand the pumpout. Not to mention it wasnt smelly after i got rid of the pumpout connections

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Unless you have all the required systems and filters I would not try to put one in.

I will say, once you have a head on the boat it's tough to go back to not having one. Makes all day and night trips much more enjoyable.

33Express_head.jpg

Chadt4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah...... I'm gona skip out on this project lol. Way more work them I want to put in for a day use boat.